So all you thanksgiving people? How did it go?

Options
13»

Replies

• LAWoman72
    LAWoman72 Posts: 2,846 Member
    edited November 2014
    Options
    Went GREAT, everything tasted wonderful! I cooked. I actually had two big "dinners" (out of what I cooked, I mean - we didn't go to two different places). I didn't gorge, but everything I ate was very, very rich and I did have a honkin' slice of pie. I actually overate by 2500 calories by my calculations, which is less than a pound, so I'm not very worried. It's one day a year.

I had a lot of energy (just from being in a good mood, I guess, because I was up at the crack of dawn) and went for a nice long walk after dinner with my tunes.

My kids were so happy that it was a holiday and they "helped" me cook and were very huggy and kiss-y. I asked them at the table what they're thankful for and my littlest said to me, "I'm thankful for you!" Yup, I was filled up yesterday, including my heart! Great holiday!

We don't have a lot of "fattening" leftovers as the stuffing, mashed potatoes with plenty of butter, etc. were devoured but we have lots of juicy turkey left and I am definitely having that with gravy for dinner tonight. Yum yum.
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,139 Member
    Options
    5500 to 6000 calories give or take, as I was just guestimating…had a great day and enjoyed every second of it…

today back to eating like normal and may or may not get a work out in ..I do not like doing deadlifts with a slight hangover, so may just wait until tomorrow...
  • Branstin
    Branstin Posts: 2,320 Member
    Options
    I prepared dinner and invited family over. I got so busy cooking dinner, I didn't eat until dinner time came around. I didn't logged or cared about the number of calories but didn't stuffed myself either. I have plenty of leftovers but I am back on track today with tracking, exercise, etc.
  • DeWoSa
    DeWoSa Posts: 496 Member
    Options
    heh heh I logged Thanksgiving dinner too. Thanks to whomever put that in the database.
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    4600ish calories. Not sorry. I'm back on track now.
  • kristydi
    kristydi Posts: 781 Member
    Options
    I got sick midday and I'm mad about it. :s I love Thanksgiving. I look forward to seeing family I don't see very often and eating food I don't get any other time of year. I didn't really feel like eating and what I did eat didn't stay down. Plus I had to leave because I was feeling so awful so I didn't get to hang out and play games with my cousins.

I'm planning to make small dishes of a few of my favorite that I missed, but it's just not the same. Why couldn't I have been sick last week?

/pouting