Should wheat be avoided, even if you're not intolerant?

Options

Replies

• dbmata
    dbmata Posts: 12,950 Member
    Options
    damn, truth. In one hundred years, we'll sit enjoying an 80 year old scotch that has not yet been made... and we'll think back upon this day and laugh.
  • uconnwinsnc1
    uconnwinsnc1 Posts: 902 Member
    Options
    dbmata wrote: »
    damn, truth. In one hundred years, we'll sit enjoying an 80 year old scotch that has not yet been made... and we'll think back upon this day and laugh.

Our max bench will be 1 pound bags of deli cold cuts.
  • dbmata
    Options
    Robot. Arms.
  • Acg67
    Acg67 Posts: 12,142 Member
    Options
    nitrospop wrote: »

First one is in vivo mouse research?

2nd link "Article not found"

3rd link "Most people who have food allergies to milk and wheat also have problems with peptides from these foods interacting with their brain and causing an opiate-like effect. However, some individuals may not show a food allergy to milk or wheat, but have the peptide problem and vice versa. Because of this, we recommend the Gluten/Casein Peptides Test be taken in addition to our food allergy testing."

Strong # of references

4th link zero mention of gluten or wheat?

Great support for your claims

• dbmata
    Options
    Acg67 wrote: »
    Are you surprised, really? I'm not.
  • Acg67
    Acg67 Posts: 12,142 Member
    Options

Of course not, i actually was expecting wheat belly or grain brain as "evidence", although not out of the realm of possibility the references posted were from those books
  • dbmata
    Options

Of course not, i actually was expecting wheat belly or grain brain as "evidence", although not out of the realm of possibility the references posted were from those books
    Give it some time, we might get a link about candida overgrowth.
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    Options
    It's so tough to decide who is credible: the people who are built, or a cartoon with no progress and no evidence.
    who's the cartoon?
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    Options
    klbrowser wrote: »
    I see no harm in going gluten free for a couple of weeks just to see how you feel. If you feel better without it, consider making it a permanent change. If you see no difference, the choice is yours whether you return to eating wheat. I voluntarily went gluten free in 2003, not because of weight, but because I was experiencing some digestive discomfort. My digestion improved greatly after being gluten free for a few weeks, so I stuck with it. Losing 40 pounds the first year of being gluten free was an unexpected bonus. If you decide to try it, replacing your wheat-based items with vegetables is probably the best way to go. If you have your heart set on grains, there are healthy choices such as quinoa, millet, teff, chia and flax as long as you eat them in moderation.

Your reasonableness is not welcome here!

lol, I kid.

yep. pretty reasonable.
  • FatFreeFrolicking
    FatFreeFrolicking Posts: 4,252 Member
    Options
    No. Gluten should only be avoided if you have medical conditions that require you to do so.
  • LolBroScience
    LolBroScience Posts: 4,537 Member
    Options
    It's so tough to decide who is credible: the people who are built, or a cartoon with no progress and no evidence.

Chicks dig cartoons man. It's the secret to life.

They also dig men who substantiate claims instead of running away so I hear
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,136 Member
    Options
    ndj1979 wrote: »
    Yes

you going to clarify that, or just dive bomb the thread with no legitimate reason to support your "claims"….

Yes

trolls gonna troll...
  • ndj1979
    Options
    MrM27 wrote: »
    Yes

you going to clarify that, or just dive bomb the thread with no legitimate reason to support your "claims"….

Yes
    Never provides any support of anything he claims. Just opinions.

well I guess the new strategy is one word answers and act superior, which really makes one look more like a DB than ever….
  • ndj1979
    Options
    Yes

Yes

well I guess the new strategy is one word answers and act superior, which really makes one look more like a DB than ever….

Wait. New strategy? I've been following your lead and have been doing that already. I dun goofed. Thanks a lot man.

LOL i was referring to our faceless friends new strategy ….
  • dbmata
    Options
    Yes

Yes

You rang bro? Whatcha need? I'm scoping brotein, I'm almost out at home.
  • ndj1979
    Options
    Yes

Yes

sure, send me your credit card info via pm and I got you hooked up ...
  • Kalikel
    Kalikel Posts: 9,626 Member
    Options
    I have to avoid white pasta for my sanity. It makes me crave more white pasta all day. No amount will be enough. It's easier to avoid it in the first place than deal with the ridiculous cravings. Whole grain pastas are healthier, anyway, so that works well.

You should talk to your doctor and then decide what works best for you.
  • dbmata
    Options
    Yes

Yes

sure, send me your credit card info via pm and I got you hooked up ...

Damn Herrspoons, i'm actually shopping... I'm going to blog so hard about how you were just mean to me.