TV Shows/Documentaries to watch?

Options
I watch youtube videos of shows all the time to help keep motivated. Shows like:

Supersize Vs Superskinny
Fat Families
Secret Eaters
Heavy

Can anyone recommend to me shows like these? I'm running out of stuff to watch, but I'm sure there must be other shows out there. (NOT Biggest Loser please, that's just a freak show for normal people to watch and feel good about themselves)

Replies

• dramaqueen45
    dramaqueen45 Posts: 1,009 Member
    Options
    Fat, Sick and Nearly Dead is a good one, even though it is about a guy who does and promotes juicing, which a lot of people don't like to do or promote. I've heard that you are really really hungry with juicing, and you can gain the weight right back. However, it is still a good one that is inspirational because he has an autoimmune disease and his goal is to get off of medication and he achieves that by losing the weight through juicing.

Another is Forks Over Knives. I thought this was really good when I first watched it, but judge for yourself and read independent reviews. They kind of play with the statistics and show you what they want as far as that goes. It really promotes a plant based diet.
  • Kalikel
    Kalikel Posts: 9,626 Member
    Options
    I like Supersize vs Superskinny and Secret Eaters, but haven't seen the others.

• Lourdesong
    Lourdesong Posts: 1,492 Member
    Options
    Fat Doctor, it's British about fat British people getting gastric surgery. Whether you believe surgery is appropriate or not, the people featured are still interesting, and often disturbing.
  • bananabeannn
    bananabeannn Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    Intervention.
  • LibertyBelle_75
    LibertyBelle_75 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Fed Up
  • annette_15
    annette_15 Posts: 1,657 Member
    Options
    Extreme weightloss with Chris Powell. All episodes are on youtube
  • kvelcro
    Options
    Love Secret Eaters.

As for documentaries: To be watched back-to-back, Super Size Me and Fathead.

Do watch the Super Size Me featurette where they show how McDonald's French fries don't break down.

Good Eats is a good show if you want to really understand ingredients and cooking methods, not just recipes.
  • mikegerber1
    mikegerber1 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    if you have netflix, "hungry for change" is a great documentary that kind of explains the way things are these days.
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,535 Member
    Options
    "The Truth about Exercise"

Really good info especially when people make claims that their "skinny" friend can eat anything and not gain weight.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png
  • sweet10lana
    sweet10lana Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    If you have netflix, "hungry for change" is a great documentary that kind of explains the way things are these days.

This
  • username301
    username301 Posts: 247 Member
    Options
    Fat the fight of my life and obese a year to save my life. There is around 40 episodes in total some US, some British.
  • williamcampbellz
    Options
    Absolutely, I totally get the motivation boost from watching shows like those! If you're looking for more shows in a similar vein, I'd recommend checking out:

My 600-lb Life: It follows the journeys of individuals struggling with extreme obesity as they seek to regain control of their lives through weight loss surgery.

Hoarders: This documentary-style series delves into the lives of people with compulsive hoarding disorders, offering insight into their struggles and the process of overcoming them.

Obese: A Year to Save My Life: This show focuses on individuals determined to transform their lives over the course of a year through weight loss and lifestyle changes.

Family by the Ton: It explores the challenges faced by severely obese families as they work together to lose weight and improve their health...

As for watching these shows, if you haven't already, you might want to try YouTube Vanced for iOS. It enhances your YouTube experience with features like background playback, ad-blocking, and more. It's a great way to enjoy your motivation-boosting content hassle-free. Happy watching!!!