Period Stopped When I Started Losing Weight

2»

Replies

• shadow2soul
    shadow2soul Posts: 7,692 Member
    edited November 2014
    PugBug20 wrote: »
    Also, according to multiple websites, I should be eating 1,200 calories a day to lose and 1,400 calories a day to maintain. Actually, some said even less. And these numbers are based on my gender, height, weight, and activity level (even though I work out almost every day, I don’t have an “active” lifestyle since I’m a student and I spend 90% of the day sitting). That's why I thought 1,200 calories a day was enough. Actually, I eat closer to 1,250 - 1,300 calories on most days, which is even more than these websites recommend.

Think about it this way.

To lose 2lbs per week, your daily deficit needs to be 1000 calories (roughly).

If you eat 1200 and lose 2lbs per week then your maintenance is around 2200 on average.

Looking at your results from intake and how much you lost is much more accurate than any online calculator will ever be.

if you really did maintain at 1400 calories, then your daily deficit would only be 200 calories which means that you would be looking at a loss of roughly 0.4lbs per week.
  • Be careful girl!! I used to lose my period during cross country and track season at around your BMI and calorie intake. You gotta eat more--talk to a dr. And nutritionist for advice. Lack of period absolutely destroys your bone health (doesn't take long to get to early stages of osteopenia). Please take care, I have seen what osteoporosis looks like and it ain't pretty!
  • rivka_m
    rivka_m Posts: 1,007 Member
    ana3067 wrote: »
    You calculated wrong. I'm also a student, by the way, and this does increase my energy needs due to walking around on campus and taking pubic transportation.

This. I doubt that a college student is sedentary. Walking to get to class, from building to building between classes, plus they probably have a more active social life - meaning, again, getting up and walking around to see friends, standing in clubs, dancing. Lightly active at least.

Me, I'm a cubicle monkey. I drive to work, sit in the same seat all day. I only get up to go to the bathroom and grab a coffee or my lunch from the fridge. I drive home and sit on the couch. That's sedentary.

(I'm working on being less sedentary, but just wanted to give you an idea )