anyone who is doing 1000 calories

Hi. .. I started my weight loss plan again. ... this time I'm doing it for my health sake. .. plz add me if anyone interested to follow my diet and exercise plan. I started at 84kgs now 82... goal weight 60 at the moment but would love to be skinny once in my life.

Replies

• TeresaB1979
    TeresaB1979 Posts: 158 Member
    Hi there. Why are you planning on 1000 calories? If you are concerned about your health then you definitely need to eat more than that as it is an unhealthy amount of calories. I promise you that you can lose lots of weight whilst eating plenty (just not too much) of food. So don't put yourself through an extreme and most likely unsustainable regimen like that. Good luck! :smile:
  • BenjaminS_Fitness
    BenjaminS_Fitness Posts: 70 Member
    that's just *kitten*
    1. it is not healthy.
    2. As soon as you will increase your calories (you can't stay at 1k forever) you'll gain a good chunk of your weight back - if not all.
    3. You should change your lifestyle that lead you to be 20kg over your goal weight instead of starve yourself for a short period of time and most likely go back to your bad eating after that. that is yo yo effect in a nutshell
    4. you might not even be able to function in your day to day life.
  • Sued0nim
    Sued0nim Posts: 17,456 Member
    .....is on a highway to poor health, crashing and burning and putting on more weight in the long term

Did I win?
  • mermaidart
    mermaidart Posts: 9 Member
    edited November 2014
    I started at about 85 kg, and I made sure to stay as close to possible to 1200. 5 months after being on 1200 I've lost 20kg. I can't imagine only eating 1000 a day is good for you. Also, I'm tiny at 5'2 and a student so I send most of my time sitting at a desk so I don't need as many calories as most people.
  • 999tigger
    999tigger Posts: 5,235 Member
    Instead of going below the safe recommended amount of calories (unless you are being supervised by a Dr), then why not burn more calories via exercise?

As pointed you you are starting it again, i.e you have tried before. If you consistently eat too little then its likely to affect your health in a negative way. As a diet, then its likely to be unsustainable leading you to quit or binge out.

Read the stickies on MFP and learn the common traits of people who diet successfully.
  • JadeRabbit08
    JadeRabbit08 Posts: 551 Member
    edited November 2014
    Good for you for being so determined, don't lose that.

When we want something a lot and are very determined sometimes we think things like "well if losing weight at 1500 calories a day works then 1000 has to be even better!" It doesn't work that way.

Once you dip below your basic metabolic rate BMR (which is the daily amount of calories that your body needs to burn at rest to sustain organ and brain function) you are looking at damaging your metabolism (which can lead to spending years yo-yo dieting) and damaging organs.

You don't say how tall you are or how active, so its hard to calculate what your BMR and optimal calorie goal would be but as 1000 calories is the amount needed for a spaniel I would say you need to get informed to meet your goal so you can stay at your healthy weight without rebounding, giving up or doing damage to your health.

Please don't be discouraged there is some great information and support on this site. Start with calculating your BMR and then the higher maintenance calorie intake for you to stay the exact weight. You need to create a calorie deficit while never going below the amount needed to sustain organ and brain function (BMR). Also you don't want to lose lean muscle mass its your friend.

What ever you decide to do good luck!
  • nikilis
    nikilis Posts: 2,305 Member
    urkel.gif

• My breakfast is about 1,200 calories
  • CarrieCans
    CarrieCans Posts: 381 Member
    Do not eat less than 1000 calories a day. It makes you feel like crap. Look at my food diary and you will see that i am saying this because i know myself.