Fitting into old clothes

Options
I was finally able to fit into my favorite red dress after 4 years of being too big for it. What are you looking forward to fitting into or what have you fit into recently that has made you feel amazing?

Replies

• 47Jacqueline
    47Jacqueline Posts: 6,993 Member
    Options
    You look fabulous! I remember being able to finally fit into my old clothes after my weight loss and it was great. Then I actually moved down two more sizes.
  • kendalslimmer
    kendalslimmer Posts: 579 Member
    Options
    I'm fitting into a Fat Face top that was too small when I bought it in the chest and arms - now it fits ok!
  • hecham
    hecham Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    Great work! I am looking forward to wearing my size 6 pencil skirt from before pregnancy. Hoping I can fit into most of my pre-preg work clothes before I finish maternity leave.
  • fat2strongbeth
    fat2strongbeth Posts: 735 Member
    Options
    It's always fun to shop in your own closet!
  • boriquaprp
    boriquaprp Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    We hold on to those clothes for very good reason! lol....What a fine example! I have been able to do the same, and can see that I fit them even better this time around. Losing inches really makes a difference. Congrats to you & your success!
  • misskarihari
    misskarihari Posts: 104 Member
    edited November 2014
    Options
    That is great! I have a few dresses and a skirt I want to get back into. And a pair of hiking trousers. The skirt I have some sentimental relationship to, and refuse to toss away. High waist plaided red skirt... Vintage :)
  • KimofTas
    KimofTas Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    Oooh you look so lovely! I had a red dress that I loved too .. a looong time ago. I was just looking through some of the stored clothes I have and that I love. Can't wait to wear them again soon!
  • Bobbie2466
    Bobbie2466 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I love your dress. I had to go shopping for some new clothes this winter. I am happy to fit into medium tops and coat, and I bought a couple of pairs of Levi's in a size 10. I bought the Levi's at a thrift store near me and they look new looking.
  • lilianhill
    lilianhill Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I have a pair of pants and a couple of skirts that I could fit into, but then wouldn't be able to breathe. Just another inch in the waist would make the difference.
  • earlnabby
    earlnabby Posts: 8,171 Member
    Options
    I have a really nice black wool dress coat that I haven't fit into in over 10 years. It fits perfectly now! It is also a style that looks OK even if it is a little big so I can wear it all winter and possibly after reaching goal.
  • earlnabby
    edited November 2014
    Options
    betharin wrote: »
    It's always fun to shop in your own closet!

At the end of summer I went through my closet and sorted the clothes into 4 piles: Now, Sooner, Later ( you know, those clothes you plan to get into sooner or later), and Never Again.

The Never Again went to a local charity that provides clothing for the homeless at no charge but also has a collection of nicer clothing they give to the homeless or those at the women's shelter who are going out on job interviews. I was able to provide a nice selection of interview clothing.

My "Now" section is getting smaller as I lose and it is almost time to unpack the box of "Sooner" clothes. The grand finale will be when I unpack the "Later". I have a few favorites in each box that I am really looking forward to getting into again.

• earlnabby
    Options
    One more thing. Try on your too small clothes somewhat often. I have a few things that went straight from too small to too big without ever actually wearing them because I forgot that they were even hanging in the closet. These were all skirts and pants because I tend to lose faster in the waist and butt than I do the boobies.
  • Velum_cado
    Velum_cado Posts: 1,608 Member
    Options
    I've actually never been this small my entire adult life, so it's all new clothes for me! :)
  • coueswhitetail
    coueswhitetail Posts: 309 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! Hopefully we will all get there too!
  • Flookbird
    Flookbird Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    I had so many clothes in so many sizes! Sadly I slimmed my way right through many of them! Now I am a size I have never ever been so having to buy all new. I'm buying clothes that I love and that I intend to be able to fit in forever! Today I bought the most amazing LBD in a style I never would have been able to wear due to my big tummy! It has shrunk dramatically, including the loose skin beginning to tighten so I'm delighted!

Well done to all of you!
  • janicelo1971
    janicelo1971 Posts: 823 Member
    Options
    I have a size 4 LBD that i can't wait to fit back into!! Congrats on your weight loss journey! Your look stunning in your red dress!
  • lavendah
    lavendah Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    I'm almost 22 and the clothes I used to wear when I was 15-16 fit me well! :smiley:
  • abbeyjones1994
    abbeyjones1994 Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    I finally fit into a dress I wore for my senior pictures after basically being able to only wear it that day (the next time I tried it on for something it was too small). It's been 2 1/2 years since I took those pictures and when I was home for Thanksgiving break I tried it on for the heck of it and it zipped with absolutely no problems. That was a really awesome moment. Hoping for many more of them down the line. :)
  • Xpecta
    Xpecta Posts: 451 Member
    Options
    I bought a Hoodie a while ago when I was losing weight before my last pregnancy and I would love to fit into it by my son's first birthday at the end of January. Also a couple pairs of pants that I bought years ago before my other Pregnancy and haven't ever really worn. Looking forward to those too!
  • VictoriaS57
    VictoriaS57 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    Flookbird wrote: »
    I had so many clothes in so many sizes! Sadly I slimmed my way right through many of them! Now I am a size I have never ever been so having to buy all new. I'm buying clothes that I love and that I intend to be able to fit in forever! Today I bought the most amazing LBD in a style I never would have been able to wear due to my big tummy! It has shrunk dramatically, including the loose skin beginning to tighten so I'm delighted!

Well done to all of you!

Awesome!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!