Fitbit or Jawbone?

Options
2»

Replies

• beautifulwarrior18
    beautifulwarrior18 Posts: 914 Member
    Options
    I just bought a jawbone for $50 online at Sports Authority. If I could find a fitbit for $50 I'd get one of those lol. It's all about the price.
  • Quasita
    Quasita Posts: 1,530 Member
    Options
    Neither, if you ask me. I have a BodyMedia unit, and while they did merge with Jawbone, the tech is completely different and seems to be far more accurate for actual calorie counts and such than other "activity monitors." I wanted something that would accurately track downtime burns, rather than just calculate on an assumed burn based on pre-programmed averages.

I spent plenty of time trying to work with pedometers and such over the years and found that the only thing that has been able to really help me is the BodyMedia Link, as you can see your burns to the minute and it's very particular to the individual. Best fitness investment I've made to date.
  • SnuggleSmacks
    SnuggleSmacks Posts: 3,731 Member
    Options
    BodyMedia was indeed the best. Too bad they are being so lax with keeping the software usable. I returned mine because out of the 6 months I had it, there were software issues for 3 of them. I miss my BodyMedia. I'm hoping that the Up3 is comparable since the BodyMedia is no longer offered.