macros

Options
I have a question: how closely do you monitor macros? I admit that I really don't track mine, I mostly just watch calories. I did adjust my protein when I realized that I was not anywhere near the recommended amount and I have always watched my fat intake, but I never really watched carbs. Do you think the macros make a big difference in weight loss?

Replies

• Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,150 Member
    Options
    When I first started, I only cared about staying in the caloric goal. Now protein is pretty important to me. Honestly, I don't care so much about the carbs or fat as the protein. I also like to watch fiber intake.
  • Kalikel
    Kalikel Posts: 9,626 Member
    Options
    I watch fat to try to keep it lower. I watch protein to try to keep it higher. I don't really worry about carbs, as I'm usually over, so if they dip, I don't care.

I'm doing very well on fiber now, so I might swap it out for something else, if there is a better option.

Everyone has different goals. One person needs to stay low fat, another wants to be high fat.

IMO, it's good that they're there, smacking me in the face, reminding me to eat some protein or show me how much fat I swallowed. :) I wish we could track some micros, too.
  • malibu927
    malibu927 Posts: 17,565 Member
    Options
    I try to hit at least 100g of protein (happens about 60% of the time, and not today). Eating more protein and healthy fats can help keep you full.
  • kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    Options
    I aim for 70 grams of protein and fat, but don't worry too much if I can't reach it occasionally. I think macros has nothing to do with weight loss per se, but with overall health and satiety and hence adherence, and in that respect, weight loss.