Need Successful Friends!

Options
I've been having some successes lately, but my friends are not, or at least they're not posting successes. Lately, I feel insensitive if I comment about a weight loss or personal victory. It would be nice to have some friends who are also currently "ON" their diets and doing well.

I'm not always having a successful streak - don't get me wrong! I fully know what struggle is like, and I won't let my current friends down. I always post encouraging words. I just need more buddies right now who are ready to celebrate with me!

We're the best match if you are any of the following:
Over 50, female, a recovering binge eater, committed to sugar abstinence or low carb, limiting packaged/processed foods, and working to become more active despite physical limitations.

We're a good match if you are excited about sticking with your program - especially through the holidays!

Replies

• eczarnecki
    eczarnecki Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I'm a pretty good match. 51, female, down 63 pounds, down 1.8 lbs last week when we had Thanksgiving to contend with.
  • cblue315
    cblue315 Posts: 3,836 Member
    Options
    54, female, down total of 88 pounds, 50 in the last 175 days, under 100 carbs/day, cook most of my food. Post every day. I do read my firends posts.
    Lori
  • fat2strongbeth
    fat2strongbeth Posts: 735 Member
    Options
    You can add me. I'm close to goal and would like to finish through the holidays.
  • DvrDawg
    DvrDawg Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    Hi - I'm relatively new (40 days) and I'm on track. I have not posted my weight loss lately for the same reason - I'm down a total of 11 pounds from my start (only reporting 9 right now) but will update tomorrow. Feel free to add me - I am looking for daily loggers to keep me motivated and accountable.
  • cincysweetheart
    cincysweetheart Posts: 892 Member
    Options
    I'm a horrible match based on your criteria. 36, female, not a binger, not a low-carber, no physical limitations other than just weight. But I've got 185 days of logging and lost 104 pounds so far. I'm celebrating a lot these days. If I can be of help to you, feel free to add me.
  • CynthiasChoice
    CynthiasChoice Posts: 1,047 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone for responding! I look forward to getting to know you, and celebrating our victories together!
  • she_lived_wholly_forevermore
    Options
    Well...I'm female. Does that work? LOL. I also have minor issues with binging. I eat what I want if it fits in my day, mostly aiming for healthy options but PMS week I'm all over the chocolate and comfort food. I've lost about 54 so far, looking to lose 132-ish. Anyone can feel free to add me if they'd like.
  • phoebelayla
    phoebelayla Posts: 1,167 Member
    Options
    Hello!
    I am nearing 50 (oh my, can that really be?) ... otherwise a match on the rest. Used to be active and love to be, but dealing with life altering injury. Frequent support is so important, for the ups and the downs! What an impressive group here with lots of wonderful successes! I have about ten pounds to go.... again.
  • mindybachitt
    Options
    i am 52, female, have lost 117 pounds, have posted 135 days in a row! i have 16 more pounds to my goal of 146! that would put me at a normal bmi of 25 for the first time in my life! feel free to add me. i have had several surgeries that limit my ability to exercise the way i used to (i used to do p90x and insanity prior to 2 shoulder surgeries and abdominal surgery). i am now able to do more, but not nearly what i was able to do before. add me!
  • ViolaLeeBlueberry
    ViolaLeeBlueberry Posts: 182 Member
    edited December 2014
    Options
    Hi Lefty! I'm 54 and amazed to find out that I'm nearing the goal I set in Sept, which is to be at the top of my healthy weight range by New Year-ish. I feel like a plane circling for landing ... even if I hit holiday turbulence, it's pretty cool! I've found that eating low-carb has been really helpful, so I'm definitely supportive of that approach. (I'm even managing to be low-carb while living in Asia, which is supposed to be "not possible" LOL! Plus with a teenager in the house. Cue music from Jaws.)

I've been dealing with a foot problem for over a YEAR (sheesh), which is one reason I put on weight ... plus baby (who is now 18, so um well) ... I love to hike and walk around, so that's been a drag and a challenge, but I'm dealing with it and it's getting better (knock on wood) and I'm losing anyway, yay!!!

Anyone is welcome to check out my profile and add me if it seems like a match. I'm pretty active, and also have a nice supportive little bunch of MFP pals who are chugging along successfully too. We can do it!!!
  • throoper
    throoper Posts: 351 Member
    Options
    I'll add you! I've been on a pretty good streak recently although I totally relaxed my food intake over long weekend.
  • luluinca
    luluinca Posts: 2,899 Member
    Options
    Add me if you like, I'm 64 and have lost 53 pounds of the 70 I need to lose. I log in every day and eat like a 30 year old. I also exercise 5 days a week, lifting weights, swimming, walking the dogs and lots of stretching and calisthenics. I'm getting over a serious back injury so I guess I have physical limitations, although I like to pretend I don't.
  • obscuremusicreference
    obscuremusicreference Posts: 1,320 Member
    Options
    You shouldn't let their lack of success affect whether you post your success. Weight loss isn't always linear, and it doesn't always tell the whole story--you can drop dress sizes but not pounds.

Besides, you earned your success. Own it!

(I would be happy to have you as a friend--I've lost 25 of the 70 pounds I need to lose--but I'm 34 and am not avoiding sugar or carbs.)
  • CynthiasChoice
    CynthiasChoice Posts: 1,047 Member
    Options
    I want to answer you all, but I'm just so tired today! I take on the stress of my children sometimes, and I can't sleep. Going to bed now, but will try to catch up with everyone tomorrow.