What was you guys thanksgiving like?

Options
shonako
shonako Posts: 98 Member
edited November 2014 in Health and Weight Loss
Im curious to hear how others on myfitnesspal spent their thanksgiving. I spent mines eating 6000 calories worth of food. Awwww mannn, good timessssssssssss!!!

Replies

• malibu927
    malibu927 Posts: 17,565 Member
    Options
    Some people stuck to their deficit, some people went all out. There's already a number of threads about it.
  • SonicDeathMonkey80
    SonicDeathMonkey80 Posts: 4,489 Member
    Options
  • kelleybean1
    kelleybean1 Posts: 312 Member
    Options
    Pumpkin cheesecake--OMG! +1lb, so, I'm back on the wagon. ;-)
  • matchbox_girl
    matchbox_girl Posts: 535 Member
    edited November 2014
    Options
    Piece of pie...literally! For some reason I did not have a huge appetite at all. Some turkey, mashed potatoes, sweet potatoes, and a roll....then a bit of pie for dessert. That was it. I think I stayed under my goal. I've come to find that it's not how MUCH I eat that keeps me chunky, it's what I eat.
  • RacquetChick
    RacquetChick Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    We went out to an buffet, then my son spent all night puking ;)
  • Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,151 Member
    Options
    terzgotjrigt.jpeg

Yep, here we go again.
  • 970Mikaela1
    970Mikaela1 Posts: 2,013 Member
    Options
    Are you telling me thanksgiving is over? Not yet.
  • territ84
    territ84 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    Was eating all weekend gained almost 5lbs. Back on the wagon today!
  • TimothyFish
    TimothyFish Posts: 4,925 Member
    Options
    I went cycling Thanksgiving morning. I didn't bother logging calories because there was no internet and very little cellphone service where I was. I'm sure I over ate, but not enough for me to regret it.
  • sunnyside1213
    sunnyside1213 Posts: 1,205 Member
    Options
    I had a Marie Calander tv dinner. Alone. :(
  • randomtai
    randomtai Posts: 9,003 Member
    Options

Damn that's sad. :sad:
  • PrizePopple
    PrizePopple Posts: 3,133 Member
    Options
    terzgotjrigt.jpeg

I got the Trilogy on Friday and made my kids watch them all. :mrgreen:

I was released from the hospital. I was just happy to have food I could chew.
  • fitgirlandfoodie
    fitgirlandfoodie Posts: 1,014 Member
    Options
    I'm Irish, but two of my friends here are American and held a friendsgiving so we had a nice roast dinner and a few starters and a cake which one one could manage more than a tiny slice of..logged everyting to the best of my ability and came in 100 over my daily allowence..when exercise included I still had 4 cals left :-) it was a great night though :)
  • CooCooPuff
    CooCooPuff Posts: 4,374 Member
    Options
    Too many cookies.

The actual dinner was full of brisket sandwiched between two rolls. I had to get up and someone threw away the food I didn't have a chance to eat. :(
  • shonako
    Options

Dwam thats terrible, sorry to hear that. i know i hate the thought of being alone on thankgiving. Hopefully your next holiday will be much better.
  • shonako
    Options
    I'm Irish, but two of my friends here are American and held a friendsgiving so we had a nice roast dinner and a few starters and a cake which one one could manage more than a tiny slice of..logged everyting to the best of my ability and came in 100 over my daily allowence..when exercise included I still had 4 cals left :-) it was a great night though :)

how did you stay under your calorie goal???? i found it impossible, mainly with all the food that was surrounding me. I had lost self control that day lol.

• shonako
    Options
    territ84 wrote: »
    Was eating all weekend gained almost 5lbs. Back on the wagon today!

Yea i bet i had gained like a pound or 2 this weekend too, but you got to let loose sometimes lol.
  • shonako
    Options
    Too many cookies.

The actual dinner was full of brisket sandwiched between two rolls. I had to get up and someone threw away the food I didn't have a chance to eat. :(

sorry to hear that, i wouldve been pissed. But atleast you got some cookies in your system. I myself had wayyyyy to much pie.
  • pdxwine
    pdxwine Posts: 389 Member
    Options

I had dinner alone, as well, but I made a fun one. Dungeness crab, roast vegetables, deli stuffing.

4flu4j8xxgy8.jpg

z869tj68skv8.jpg

imxw3l84jgk1.jpg

6hzeazr5h2ry.jpg

• shonako
    Options
    pdxwine wrote: »

I had dinner alone, as well, but I made a fun one. Dungeness crab, roast vegetables, deli stuffing.

4flu4j8xxgy8.jpg

z869tj68skv8.jpg

imxw3l84jgk1.jpg

6hzeazr5h2ry.jpg

woww that looks good.