Starting off, new to this?

Hello! my name is Joe, I really need to lose weight. I am currently around 240lbs and my goal is 180. I was wondering if some of you can introduce me more to the site, help motivate me, keep me on my goals etc? also want to completely changing my lifestyle with eating healthy, working out, getting out and about. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Replies

• awesomejdad
    awesomejdad Posts: 493 Member
    would love to have you. Just stay committed. I don't like to have people on my list that have not logged on.
  • 999tigger
    999tigger Posts: 5,235 Member
    Read the stikies and dont start until you have a good grasp of what it is you are trying to do and understand how and why you will be doing it. You are looking for a method that involves creating a calorie deficit consistently for a period of time that will cause you to lose weight. This will be done by eating less and moving more. Take baby steps and build steadily to create momentum and progress. I would spend some time reading the forums and threads to recognise peoples common mistakes so that you can avoid them. Be realistic about your rate of loss. For eating healthy try the nutrition part of the site and ofc for exercise then the exercise part.