will i lose weight eating this?

Options
2»

Replies

• ana3067
    ana3067 Posts: 5,623 Member
    Options
    logg1e wrote: »
    Genuine question - how do you get as far as signing up and finding the forums without doing all of the goal-setting and reading about calorie counting?

I wonder this as well every time I see someone post a question asking "will eating x foods/diet help me lose weight" or "I don'tk now how to lose weight" or "is this enough exercise to lose weight"

• 999tigger
    999tigger Posts: 5,235 Member
    Options
    Because people dont pay attention, bother to read stickies or spend any time learning how weight loss works.

The problem with 10x healthy weight is it pays no attention to the current weight of the person. If they are 300 or 400 pounds then they will have a lot higher maintenance and need a steady sensible safe decrease in calories. 10x healthy weight could be far too severe. So no.
  • queenliz99
    queenliz99 Posts: 15,317 Member
    Options
    Genuine question - how do you get as far as signing up and finding the forums without doing all of the goal-setting and reading about calorie counting?

Weird huh
  • lemurcat12
    lemurcat12 Posts: 30,886 Member
    edited November 2014
    Options
    999tigger wrote: »
    Because people dont pay attention, bother to read stickies or spend any time learning how weight loss works.

The problem with 10x healthy weight is it pays no attention to the current weight of the person. If they are 300 or 400 pounds then they will have a lot higher maintenance and need a steady sensible safe decrease in calories. 10x healthy weight could be far too severe. So no.

Agreed. That's not the only problem with it. My healthy goal weight is somewhere between 110 and 120, which would mean that I should eat less than 1200, which is not good advice. Plus, I lose around 1 lb a week even though I'm 132 eating closer to 1700, because I'm active. The advice to ignore activity and eat 10x goal weight obviously would underestimate my calories by a lot.

For other people that formula could overestimate what they should eat.

• ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,136 Member
    Options
    ndj1979 wrote: »
    This is a really, really unhealthy option. High carbs and high fat with almost no protein, which your body neeeeeeds. If you're looking for low calorie options, we can do better than this. Altogether, your meals for the day are about 917 calories and over 70% of your daily carb intake, and that is awfully low with low nutritional content and high starch and sugars-you're going to bloat. But, to put it into perspective, if you insist on staying this low cal, here's what you could have instead.

Instead of your bowl of oatmeal and honey, you could have:
    1 hardboiled egg
    1 cup fruit-blueberries
    2 cups babyspinach
    1 cup iced tea
    The fruit, spinach and tea make a blender juice. A BIG one. This is 175 calories altogether, near your bowl of oatmeal with honey.

Instead of your avocado and cereal bar, which is nearly 530 calories, you could fill up on:
    6 oz. of chicken (about one big breast)
    1/2 avocado
    4 cherry tomatoes
    1 cup of spinach
    Up to 2 Tbsp of just about any salad dressing
    Is going to take you to around 530 calories, depending on your dressing.

And that dinner.
    If you're craving pasta, well, let me put it to you this way.
    1 small zucchini, sliced thin like lasagna noodles
    1/2 cup jimmy dean turkey crumbles
    1 cup of tomato, chopped
    1/4 cup mozarella, fat free, shredded
    Italian herbs of your choice.
    Layer and bake like mini lasagna.
    20 calories

Now, that was me trying to stick close to things you'd probably have or be able to get easily. I can shave about 20 calories more off the dinner by subbing shirataki pasta and fill you up to the point of thanksgiving day (a whole bag of that is a large spaghetti dinner, and about 30 cal on the high end). This total is for about 945 calories, and you're much more likely to stick to it. It's got more nutrients, less starchy carbs, more protein, and is going to be a lot more satiating.

what is wrong with real pasta?

What's wrong with her version of lasagna?

zucchini sliced into "noodles" is not real lasagna…and as an italian it sounds disgusting to me.

and why can't the OP eat real pasta?
  • Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,150 Member
    Options

zucchini sliced into "noodles" is not real lasagna…and as an italian it sounds disgusting to me.

Yes, whats wrong with real?
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,573 Member
    Options
    queenliz99 wrote: »

Weird huh

Yeah, I was just wondering that too.
  • ndj1979
    Options
    Liftng4Lis wrote: »

i am guessing carbs are "bad" in this posters worldview….
  • Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,150 Member
    Options

I like carbs.....and chocolate :)
  • FatFreeFrolicking
    FatFreeFrolicking Posts: 4,252 Member
    Options
    This is a really, really unhealthy option. High carbs and high fat with almost no protein, which your body neeeeeeds. If you're looking for low calorie options, we can do better than this. Altogether, your meals for the day are about 917 calories and over 70% of your daily carb intake, and that is awfully low with low nutritional content and high starch and sugars-you're going to bloat. But, to put it into perspective, if you insist on staying this low cal, here's what you could have instead.

1 hardboiled egg
    1 cup fruit-blueberries
    2 cups babyspinach
    1 cup iced tea
    The fruit, spinach and tea make a blender juice. A BIG one. This is 175 calories altogether, near your bowl of oatmeal with honey.

Instead of your avocado and cereal bar, which is nearly 530 calories, you could fill up on:
    1/2 avocado
    4 cherry tomatoes
    1 cup of spinach

And that dinner.
    1 cup of tomato, chopped
    20 calories

Now, that was me trying to stick close to things you'd probably have or be able to get easily. I can shave about 20 calories more off the dinner by subbing shirataki pasta and fill you up to the point of thanksgiving day (a whole bag of that is a large spaghetti dinner, and about 30 cal on the high end). This total is for about 945 calories, and you're much more likely to stick to it. It's got more nutrients, less starchy carbs, more protein, and is going to be a lot more satiating.

To some people it's not disgusting.

I never said there was anything wrong with real pasta. OP clearly has no problem hitting her carb macro. She now needs to focus her attention to adding protein into her diet.
  • 999tigger
    999tigger Posts: 5,235 Member
    Options

I like carbs.....and chocolate :)

Me too and I make sure I have them every day.
  • ndj1979
    Options

1 hardboiled egg
    1 cup fruit-blueberries
    2 cups babyspinach
    1 cup iced tea

1/2 avocado
    4 cherry tomatoes
    1 cup of spinach

And that dinner.
    1 cup of tomato, chopped
    20 calories

I never said there was anything wrong with real pasta. OP clearly has no problem hitting her carb macro. She now needs to focus her attention to adding protein into her diet.

well you jumped in to defend the other poster, so I thought you might be able to shed some light on why no pasta…..
  • FaridPERU
    FaridPERU Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    OMG!!!!!!
    THIS DIET IS A CRAP!!
    YOU NEED MORE PROTEIN!!!!!!!!!!!!! PLEASE DO MORE RESEARCH!!
  • kendalslimmer
    kendalslimmer Posts: 579 Member
    Options
    Weigh everything a log it accurately on MFP, this will tell you whether you're within your calorie allotment - as calculated by MFP for your specific body type - and your macros (carbs, fat, protein, fibre etc). Good luck honey!
  • FatFreeFrolicking
    FatFreeFrolicking Posts: 4,252 Member
    Options

1 hardboiled egg
    1 cup fruit-blueberries
    2 cups babyspinach
    1 cup iced tea

1/2 avocado
    4 cherry tomatoes
    1 cup of spinach

And that dinner.
    1 cup of tomato, chopped
    20 calories

well you jumped in to defend the other poster, so I thought you might be able to shed some light on why no pasta…..

I'm not her so I can't tell you what her rationale is. I'd imagine one of the reasons is because her diet is already carb-heavy and she doesn't have a lot of veggies in her current diet. OP certainly has the calorie allotment for real pasta because she is barely eating 1,000 cals a day.