This Mommy Needs Some Serious Help

Options
Hi my name is Michele and I am a mom to Tristan who is 4 and Zoey who is 2. I have always had trouble with my weight since I was a kid but since my son was born, my weight has gone out of control. I was so focused on my son and his medical needs that I put myself on the back burner, and then came my daughter and then it was all over.

I am now way over 100 pounds overweight and it is seriously killing me. Not just the body aches and the getting winded while walking but the looks in my children's eyes when I can't keep up with them and sadness when I'm too tired to go play outside. It breaks my heart that I haven't taken them anywhere like Disneyland or Great America because I'm too scared to hear someone tell me that I'm too big to go on the rides with my kids and rob them of that awesome experience.

So this is where I need help from fellow weight loss experts :smile: I need help with motivation and staying on track. I've have done this alone for so long and there is too much negativity around me so once I start showing some improvement, there's one of my family members telling me I can't follow through or it's a waste of time. I can't do it anymore, I can't handle it. I want to be better for my kids and I want them to know that anything is possible. I don't want them to have the negativity that I was raised on around them or instilled in them. I want them to be proud of their mom and see that I would do anything for them. So please any advice or encouragement from new friends so on and so forth would be greatly appreciated. Thank you all for reading my crazy rant :smile:

Replies

• SylviazSpirit
    SylviazSpirit Posts: 694 Member
    Options
    I completely understand this. My son is five and my daughter is one. I hate telling them to wait a second so mommy can catch her breath. :( I also have a big fear of getting on rides with them and I was just sending my husband with our son but now that my daughter is getting older, we will both have to ride. I have to get rid of this weight. I have 106 lbs to lose! Feel free to add me. I will try to send you a request but my tablet is wonky lol. :) we can do this!
  • tonedby46
    tonedby46 Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    You may add me
  • shadow2soul
    shadow2soul Posts: 7,692 Member
    edited December 2014
    Options
    boo%20hug.gif

Some good threads to read and help you get started:
    A Guide To Get You Started On Your Path To Sexypants
    Logging Accurately Step By Step Guide
    For Those Confused or Questioning Eating Your Exercise Calories
    So You Want A Nice Stomach **the Lady who posted this is a mom and has been overweight in case your wondering....I had someone dismiss her advice, because they assumed that she either A) Had never been terribly overweight B ) Bounced Back to pre-baby body after pregnancy (neither of which is the case)
    Lifting Is The Most Horrible Thing To A Woman Since Twiggy *One word to keep in mind when looking at this one: Sarcasm

9055.gif
  • ViolaLeeBlueberry
    ViolaLeeBlueberry Posts: 182 Member
    edited December 2014
    Options
    I just want to say ... you are not having a crazy rant. You are doing something really, really important.

A few years ago I lost a close friend who was "morbidly obese." She once came to my house for dinner, sat down, and broke a dining room chair. Well, she had an amazing sense of humor, so we all laughed it off ...

She talked about losing weight. But, geez, so MUCH to lose ... so intimidating ... I bet her body hurt ... I bet it felt crappy to be "the really really fat mom" at all the school events, even though she plugged away cheerfully on the outside ... I bet it was easier not to go to the gym ... one thing or another, she never lost that weight.

Now her daughter is a bright, creative young woman who is about to become a mom herself. But my amazing friend isn't here to see it. She died unexpectedly, full of plans, full of life. Truly a great human being. I wish she had taken the difficult steps you're taking, because in the end, obesity is a big part of what took her away from her family and friends.

Yeah, it'll take you a long time to get to your healthy weight. Of course it will. But I'll tell you this: it won't take the rest of your life. And when your kids have to learn how to do hard things, don't you tell them to keep at it and believe in themselves? So ... tell that to yourself, too! Keep at it! Believe in yourself! You CAN do it!!!

And unlike my friend, you'll be around later to cheer on your kids as they go through their own lives ... and you'll be around to enjoy your OWN life. Disneyland rides and all :smile: