does anyone do alot of online shopping?

prettigirl01
prettigirl01 Posts: 548 Member
ok so I need some advice on this. I don't really like to shop online but when I do its usually from womens boutiques. a lot of these boutiques I shop from are found on instagram. i usually stick to 2 or 3 that i am familiar with but this most recent time i decided to try another one because of the affordable prices and free shipping. i also noticed they have over 13 thousand followers. so getting to the issue, i ordered a pair of boots from them this month on the 18th. their website says shipping takes 7-10 days. ok that's no problem. around the 5th business day i sent an email asking for tracking information. no response. the next day i sent a direct message. no response. i filled out numerous contact forms on their website but again no response. finally i get an email from the "owner" saying that shipping takes 7-10 days but they would update me shortly with shipping info and tracking number. days gone by and im still sending emails with no response and no tracking number. Tuesday will make 2 weeks and now i am very frustrated. i am trying to hold my anger in and not lash out at them in an email but i feel it coming. if they don't update me soon or send my boots would it be possible to go through my bank and get a refund? this is the first time this has ever happened to me and i refuse to let them get away with my hard earned money. if anyone has any suggestions on what i can do i would appreciate it. thanks

Replies

• If you paid by credit card instead of debit card you are better protected in getting the money back...thats what my bank told me anyway.
  • prettigirl01
    unfortunately it was my debit card. ill still try to do what I can but I guess I may have to take it as a lesson learned and warn other women about this boutique
  • dkewatson
    dkewatson Posts: 1,415 Member
    I would check with your bank immediately. A lot of time there is a time limit (from the time the charge was posted) that you have to dispute the charge. Even debit cards will investigate a fraudulent charge and should be able to remove it if it is in fact fraudulent. Best of luck
  • prettigirl01
    dkewatson wrote: »
    I would check with your bank immediately. A lot of time there is a time limit (from the time the charge was posted) that you have to dispute the charge. Even debit cards will investigate a fraudulent charge and should be able to remove it if it is in fact fraudulent. Best of luck

thank you. I will try that

• dietcoke281
    dietcoke281 Posts: 226 Member
    Just a tip, if you're shopping somewhere you've never ordered from before, it's always a good idea to google "[shop name] reviews" or "[shop name] complaints" to see if anyone else has had issues with them before.
  • 999tigger
    999tigger Posts: 5,235 Member
    Agree with checking with your bank.
    From what I ccould gather you paid for them on the 18th and they say 7-10 days, but are those business days? If so, then wouldnt they still be in time tomorrow? The company mau be dodgy or it just may be a mess up. The point is im not so sure its time to panic just now. Where are the goods coming from? Sometimes I get stuff from China, which would take a long time but it shows up eventually.

I am unfamilar with consumer protection laws in MD,(not surprising as im in the UK), but you can contact the office of the Maryland AG who has a toll free consumer hotline and they can signpost you to the appropriate place. As darktolight said above use a credit card in futuire as its probably gooing to give you more protection and you can chase the cc company.

Maryland AG Consumer Hotline:
    (410) 528-8662
    1 (888) 743-0023 toll-free

http://www.oag.state.md.us/Consumer/index.htm

• prettigirl01
    Just a tip, if you're shopping somewhere you've never ordered from before, it's always a good idea to google "[shop name] reviews" or "[shop name] complaints" to see if anyone else has had issues with them before.

I always do that and I didn't find anything for them. I went to their instagram page to see if other women had concerns about their orders as well and there were quite a few women inquiring about it because they never received a response