How to lose the belly fat

Options
I am not a young buck like many of you. But this has been a real challenge for us older guys. Beside doing the diet, what is going to finally kill this gut. Any real and reasonable suggestions?
I do workout at the gym 4 to 5 times a week, so at least I am not sitting on my fanny waiting for something to happen.

Replies

• SingingSingleTracker
    SingingSingleTracker Posts: 1,866 Member
    edited November 2014
    Options
    I am not a young buck like many of you. But this has been a real challenge for us older guys. Beside doing the diet, what is going to finally kill this gut. Any real and reasonable suggestions?
    I do workout at the gym 4 to 5 times a week, so at least I am not sitting on my fanny waiting for something to happen.

Reasonable suggestions?

Sure: Keep the calorie deficit going on a daily basis.

Those spare tires (visceral fat) can easily be 20-25 pounds of fat in and around our internal organs in addition to the visible gut. It's the most dangerous kind for us older guys.

I set a goal of shedding about a pound a week starting the first week in January until I had shed 21 pounds to get rid of it to climb out of the River DeNial with the gut. Have patience - and run that deficit each and every day to watch it melt away. It's nice you are going to the gym, but the deficit is the most important part of the equation to get rid of the gut.

Best primer I've read to date that kicked me into high gear as I was losing weight earlier this year and sort of hit a plateau after the first 8 pounds dropped...

http://www.acaloriecounter.com/blog/why-am-i-not-losing-weight/

Log your CICO like a dog with no cheating. What goes in each day must be less than what goes out each day.