I never thought I would be "one of those people"

Options
You know the ones that workout..... The ones who make better food choices.... The ones who inspire..... The ones who motivate.... The ones who actually EAT to lose....... Awesome feeling, and I couldn't do it without my MFP buddies and the message boards!!

What are surprised by what YOU are accomplishing?!?!

Replies

• dietcokeg
    dietcokeg Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    congrats on being that person! i'm just surprised by how confident i am now in all aspects of life, happier all over!
  • lcfairbairn74
    lcfairbairn74 Posts: 412 Member
    Options
    I realised this week that I, too, am "one of those people".

I bought some new digital kitchen scales and was extremely excited when they arrived! I also bought some measuring spoons and used them for everything yesterday (I had been underestimating some amounts of ingredients that are calorie dense). I now use words like calorie dense! :laugh:

I love cheering my new MFP friends on when they reach their goals! (although I have been here a while, I only recently added friends and am on the forums)

And, lastly, I only now put something into my mouth after it has been logged! No more mindless eating....ever! :drinker:
  • 55in13
    55in13 Posts: 1,091 Member
    Options
    I have become a runner. I intended to run as part of this, doing C25K to get my cardio in better shape so I could workout without tiring so quickly and because running a 5k (I had in the past but it had been a few years) is a good milestone. I figured once I got past the milestone I would run one every now and then, plus do some time on the indoor track and/or treadmill at the gym as part of my workout. Somewhere along the line, 5k became 7 miles and I run that far at least once a week lately, throwing in a couple of 4-5 mile runs each week also. Now I am considering a half marathon late this year. I have been toning my upper body with dumb bells at home and rarely go to the gym. Anyway, I never thought I would be "one of those people" - a runner who actually looks forward to when I can get out next and maybe make it 10 miles...
  • khall86790
    khall86790 Posts: 1,100 Member
    Options
    I'm the same as you... and also how much more confident I am :)
  • MrsSWW
    MrsSWW Posts: 1,590 Member
    Options
    *high five* I'm with you on all of it!
  • jmcreynolds91
    jmcreynolds91 Posts: 777 Member
    Options
    I am within 15 pounds of my goal weight. I NEVER thought i would be this close.
  • Rockstar_JILL
    Rockstar_JILL Posts: 514 Member
    Options
    I am surprised at how I am sticking to it this time. After years of up and down and up and down, FINALLY I am done yo-yo-ing. This IS my life now...I am happy, confident (most days), and feel like a success at something for once. I challenge myself daily and I am glad to be who I am now.
  • basillowe66
    basillowe66 Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    My determination, once you start seeing results !!!!!!

Basil
  • gabegrammy
    gabegrammy Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    You know the ones that workout..... The ones who make better food choices.... The ones who inspire..... The ones who motivate.... The ones who actually EAT to lose....... Awesome feeling, and I couldn't do it without my MFP buddies and the message boards!!

I'm one of those people too. Never thought I would be.
    Every January for the past 15 or so years I start a "diet" and by March I'm over it. Every year I'm going to start exercising, and never do. Every year I'm going to lose this weight and not be ashamed of vacation pics, and fail.

Not this year. I start January 1, 2013 and it's May and I'm still doing it. I also measure and weight my food. I exercise.
    sw 202
    cw 155
    gw 138
    my goal is end of August to be at GW
  • Jerrypeoples
    Jerrypeoples Posts: 1,541 Member
    Options
    that as stubborn as a *kitten* as i am that its actually paying off
  • Susiemet
    Susiemet Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I have become a runner. I intended to run as part of this, doing C25K to get my cardio in better shape so I could workout without tiring so quickly and because running a 5k (I had in the past but it had been a few years) is a good milestone. I figured once I got past the milestone I would run one every now and then, plus do some time on the indoor track and/or treadmill at the gym as part of my workout. Somewhere along the line, 5k became 7 miles and I run that far at least once a week lately, throwing in a couple of 4-5 mile runs each week also. Now I am considering a half marathon late this year. I have been toning my upper body with dumb bells at home and rarely go to the gym. Anyway, I never thought I would be "one of those people" - a runner who actually looks forward to when I can get out next and maybe make it 10 miles...

I am right there with you. I NEVER thought I'd be a "runner" and I actually hated it for a long time. Then I started getting better, I could run faster and futher then I began enjoying it.
  • nikilis
    nikilis Posts: 2,305 Member
    Options
    its a pretty powerful thing to be able to fuel your body and improve it for the better. more energy and confidence.

its something you should be proud of because its an accomplishment and will most likely prolong your life and make you healthier / happier overall.
  • Inittolozeit
    Inittolozeit Posts: 116 Member
    Options

I'm one of those people too. Never thought I would be.
    Every January for the past 15 or so years I start a "diet" and by March I'm over it. Every year I'm going to start exercising, and never do. Every year I'm going to lose this weight and not be ashamed of vacation pics, and fail.

Not this year. I start January 1, 2013 and it's May and I'm still doing it. I also measure and weight my food. I exercise.
    sw 202
    cw 155
    gw 138
    my goal is end of August to be at GW

Your doing fantastic!!
  • craigmandu
    craigmandu Posts: 976 Member
    Options
    I like this thread :happy:
  • mazdauk
    mazdauk Posts: 1,380 Member
    Options
    I am now someone who makes time to exercise instead of making excuses not to.

My school PE teachers would not believe it!
  • Inittolozeit
    Options
    I am now someone who makes time to exercise instead of making excuses not to.

My school PE teachers would not believe it!

Haha mine too! I always hated doing those fitness tests!
  • Inittolozeit
    Options
    its a pretty powerful thing to be able to fuel your body and improve it for the better. more energy and confidence.

its something you should be proud of because its an accomplishment and will most likely prolong your life and make you healthier / happier overall.

^^^^^ THIS! With a capital T! ;)
  • Inittolozeit
    Options
    that as stubborn as a *kitten* as i am that its actually paying off

Lol! Glad your doing it! Feels great, right?
  • Pamella513
    Pamella513 Posts: 72
    Options
    I feel the same way!!! I never thought I'd be one of those people who look forward to the work day ending so that I could go to the gym....and now I am!!! I never thought I'd choose recipes based on the calorie count as opposed to the sweet factor....and now I am!!!! I never thought I'd own a pair of hiking boots, running shoes, ankle weights, a medicine ball, a treadmill.....and now I am!!!

I told my therapist that between my puppy, my prozac and my weight loss journey - I've never been happier in all my 42 years of life.

It's awesome!!!!!
  • Shan790
    Shan790 Posts: 280 Member
    Options
    I'm surprised this time I stuck with it and didn't quite after a week like I used to do
    I'm surprised I actually miss the gym when I can't go
    I'm surprised I'm not binging or cheating every other day
    I'm surprised I don't have more cravings, I really like what I am eating!
    I'm surprised at the progress I see already, the scale only says 10 lbs gone but everyone notices I look better and stronger
    I'm surprised at how much stronger I am, everyday, doing the little things!