Thanksgiving is over. Back on the grind.

So I did overeat on Thanksgiving Day, the day after, and Saturday. Now I must re-focus and continue my journey. Is anyone having a hard time with this? This morning, I found myself craving my future mother-in-law's macaroni and cheese with bacon, gumbo, fried chicken, and even her mango splash punch. I am so tempted to call her and ask for leftovers. It's kind of difficult. But I will try to workout whenever I think about eating the wrong things.

Replies

• dashaclaire
    dashaclaire Posts: 127 Member
    Yes! I promised myself I could eat all that I want on Thanksgiving but I had to buckle right back down after... and I've started each day well... But that pumpkin cheesecake tho, I decend into snack monsta! And the leftovers are all in my fridge:(
  • found out on Wednesday I was passing stones. Ouch. So of course I have been sick since, until today I finally feel better. But my problem always has been when I am sick I can not eat normal foods. I can only eat junk food. I sometimes think I am the only person that can gain wt. when I am sick LOL. So of course between me and my husband we have been living off of Pumpkin Pie and Chocolate Pie and Cookie dessert. Yup nothing healthy there. So it's all gone now and I am finally feeling better today. So it's back on track for me. Let's stay strong, we've got this (*)
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    I refused to bring back any leftover desserts for that reason, honestly, and approached Thanksgiving with the 'gorge yourself as much as you want for ONE day and get back on track the next' mentality.
  • akboy58
    akboy58 Posts: 137 Member
    I've been been good about portion control with yummy leftovers, but I've been snacking, which is not so good. But I DID throw away the rest of my stash of homemade Chex Mix, so that's one small step in the right direction ...
  • obscuremusicreference
    obscuremusicreference Posts: 1,320 Member
    Francl27 wrote: »
    I refused to bring back any leftover desserts for that reason, honestly, and approached Thanksgiving with the 'gorge yourself as much as you want for ONE day and get back on track the next' mentality.

I had that mentality too, but still found myself really wanting junk all day Friday and Saturday. Today has been good, though.

Good luck OP! I know what you mean.

• dramaqueen45
    dramaqueen45 Posts: 1,009 Member
    I have a garbage disposal (ummm... husband) for leftovers. I also sent many away with family that visited. The main thing left is pumpkin pie, and it's slowly being eaten by the garbage disposal...cough...husband.
  • higgins8283801
    higgins8283801 Posts: 844 Member
    Holidays happen. Part of life. I enjoyed the weekend. No guilt over here. I won't weigh this week and just get back on it tomorrow. :-)
  • beautifulciera
    beautifulciera Posts: 202 Member
    I WISH!!! I still have a frig FULL of food....uuugh!
  • gothchiq
    gothchiq Posts: 4,590 Member
    We brought back turkey breast and a little stuffing. We declined to bring back leftovers of the fatty things this year. I did actually let myself have dessert but I split it with my husband. So I had half a piece of key lime pie, 3 bites of raspberry cobbler and 2 bites of cheesecake. I actually managed not to gain weight. But anyway, ok you were a normal person and you ate a lot of food on a holiday lol. Just hit the brakes now. You may have to discard some leftovers if they are super fattening items like fried things. Or give them away if that's feasible, such as putting a pie in the break room for coworkers to eat. Work out vigorously, blah blah, you know what to do. :)
  • Juvenica
    Juvenica Posts: 460 Member
    To be honest I'm more terrified of the December holidays to come :\
  • hotasfire36
    hotasfire36 Posts: 235 Member
    I ate what i wanted on Thursday and Friday. Got back on track Saturday. I am back fucused. One more holiday, Christmas :#
  • afatakedavra
    afatakedavra Posts: 42 Member
    I'm having a hard time with this too. I told myself I'd eat and enjoy the food without feeling guilty, but I had three dinners in three days. I actually have to eat my leftovers because I spent a lot of our regular grocery budget on the meal I made, so I really can't afford to waste it. I made healthier versions of things, but it's still way more carbs and calories than I'm used to, (and damn these delicious pumpkin spice cupcakes I made.) My intention was to get back to normal today, but it sooo didn't happen that way. I'm thinking I should probably stay off the scale for a week or so :( Back on the saddle again tomorrow, no matter what.
  • dianeb613
    dianeb613 Posts: 121 Member
    I managed not to gain an ounce since last Sunday. :)
  • socalkay
    socalkay Posts: 746 Member
    edited December 2014
    I enjoyed myself on Thanksgiving with the understanding (with myself) that it would be one day only. I brought home only one piece of pecan pie; made sure everyone else took the leftovers and didn't give me any more than my extra piece of pie. I also made sure that my one piece of pecan pie fit my calorie goal on Friday. All is going well.
  • oORosadaOo
    oORosadaOo Posts: 97 Member
    I put the leftovers in tuppers to eat at work for lunch, but I forgot about the cinnamon rolls...the original 2 portions made for 4 lunch boxes. :dizzy_face:
  • Lounmoun
    Lounmoun Posts: 8,423 Member
    No cravings here. By Saturday afternoon, almost all Thanksgiving leftovers in my house were either gone or in the freezer. I was pretty sick of Thanksgiving food and ready to just eat normal food again.
  • trombacco
    trombacco Posts: 2 Member
    It was a pretty evil week last week. Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday & Saturday all sucked, from a diet perspective. I was expecting to be bad on Wednesday and Thursday only, so the couple of extra days are making me feel a little guilty. On the other hand, I went to the Gym 5 days last week and I wasn't bad for the entire day on each of those days. In the overall scheme of things, no big deal. Back on track today.
  • randomtai
    randomtai Posts: 9,003 Member
    I ate like crazy all weekend and winded up losing .6 pound. :) Win.
  • Rashanti1
    Rashanti1 Posts: 108 Member
    I tried to pig out, but I couldn't even finish my beer after one plate :-|
  • WatchJoshLift
    WatchJoshLift Posts: 520 Member
    Rashanti1 wrote: »
    I tried to pig out, but I couldn't even finish my beer after one plate :-|

Same thing happened to me, except that I don't drink beer. I tried to pig out but was stuffed after one plate. What a rip off. If I were trying to eat in moderation I would have felt like demolishing the turkey.