Weight Watchers.

Options
I used this site diligently for several months. Immediately I lost a few pounds, but I can't seem to lose those last five lbs after trying everything and anything (eating exercise calories, upping my calories, adding in more cardio and strength training, etc.). I love this site and the support and everything, but I am looking to try something new: weight watchers. I don't really want to pay to actually go there, so i think I'm just going to log my points on my own. For a woman my height/weight, I would eat 20 pts. per day. Is there anything else I need to know about it? Do you factor in exercise calories?

Replies

• FocusPlease
    FocusPlease Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    Yes, you do, but I'm not sure how they are figured. Walking for 30 minutes at brisk pace may earn you something like 2 extra points, but yoga for an hour earns 3.

They also recommend getting a minimum of dairy (if you can, of course), veg/friut servings, etc. So that you get a daily well-rounded intake.

At the very least, I would pay as you go, just for a few sessions, and if you can get the packet that contains the points value books, slider/calculator, and other basic info. That way you have it all accessible. Or I suppose you could do it all online, but I think that's $13 is dollars a month.

Whatever you decide, I hope it works for you!
  • tamalea
    tamalea Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    I did weight watchers a few years ago. Its very supportive (knowing they are going to weigh you), but gets expensive. If you join during free registration you will only have to pay the 12.00 weekly fee. You will get all the tools you need on your fist vist, plus a session after the meeting on how to calculate points. So you can go once and get the basics, however the first month is very informative, you might want to stick around.
  • Connie68
    Connie68 Posts: 18
    Options
    I don't think I would join WW for a few extra pounds, WW doesn't really 'teach" you how to eat. they teach you how to count points. I would really shake up your exercise program and your eating. I'm going to a nutritionist and I don't know if this will help you, but she adamantly relies on this for eating:

breakfast: 1 grain, 1 dairy
    am snack: fruit
    lunch: 1 protein, 1 vegetable, 1 grain
    afternoon snack: 1 fruit, 1 dairy
    dinner: 1 protein, 2 vegetables, 1 grain, 1 dairy
    pm snack: fruit (if needed)

of course I was over weight when I did this, but in my first month (and probably from shock!) I dropped almost 20 pound. But I know rearranging your diet and shaking things up can help a lot. If you been on a stringent diet, try throwing in a candy bar or a McDonalds hamburger twice this week. I know it sounds weird, but I've done it myself when I've hit plateaus and I've broken that plateau by eating unhealthy foods once or twice in a week. It's very odd, like your body gets used to the healthy and when you throw the odd unhealthy food in it relaxes for a minute and then forgets what its supposed to be doing then will drop the weight! lol

if you have been doing the same exercises for a while, do something totally different, try running or jogging, if you are a walker, try the elliptical or arc trainer, of you do arc trainer, try bicycling, etc.

***These are just things that I have done that have worked for me or I have heard work for friends or other people that I've spoken to, I am in no way shape or form a professional and trying to give out professional advice! :)

GOOD LUCK!
  • workoutqueen628
    Options
    Thanks Connie ---sounds like a good nutrition plan! I'll try it and let you know how it works!