Finding My Motivation

Options
I have been on a bit of an emotional roller coaster since my wife passed away in September. I was able to get some extended bereavement from work and during that time I was starting to get better about my eating and gym, but as soon as I went back to work I got in a funk. I talked to a counselor and it was a little bit of a help but I just felt no motivation to do anything. I was eating crap, not going to the gym, and have put back 10 of the 30 pounds I had lost.

I got back on the wagon today but I'm not sure what to do when those depressed feelings set in again as they inevitably will. How do I keep my motivation up?

Replies

• Squatch3099
    Squatch3099 Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    Grieving is a process that is different with each individual. There are books on this subject you might look up. There are stages a person goes through. The most important thing I can suggest for you is to keep the happiest moments you had foremost in your mind. We all need to keep Hope alive! The end result, when the hardest part is over, is a peaceful acceptance and a sense that your loved one is with you always. I've been there. You will eventually have gained strength from this. In the meantime. Treat yourself gently. You will do fine.
  • Squatch3099
    Squatch3099 Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    Grieving is a process that is different with each individual. There are books on this subject you might look up. There are stages a person goes through. The most important thing I can suggest for you is to keep the happiest moments you had foremost in your mind. We all need to keep Hope alive! The end result, when the hardest part is over, is a peaceful acceptance and a sense that your loved one is with you always. I've been there. You will eventually have gained strength from this. In the meantime. Treat yourself gently. You will do fine.

• Buff2022
    Buff2022 Posts: 373 Member
    Options
    First let me say I am sorry for your loss. Although it was my best friend of 20 years who died 16 months ago. I understand the pain. I had lost 33 pounds and put pack on most of it. I have finally lost 21 of those pounds.

When those days creep in. At first it was hard I did not care. I figured I lost the one person who total got me. Life will nevver be the same. But now I do things that make me smile about her. I got a tattoo in her memory. When I am sad I look at it. I talk to her. I call and check on her husband and kids.

I know in my heart she would never want me to stop living. I see signs of her and I think and cherish those great times we had. I still cry and miss her daily.

I don't know how you find your motivation. But you have to fight for it. If it helps feel free to friend me and talk to me anytime of what you are thinking.

I pray you find peace