Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

I'm tired of starting over and over again...

So my name is Chrystal, but I'm also known as Lady Frost or just Frost. (I love the snow and the cold.)

So I've never posted to this site before, and I'm not really one for doing forum stuff. But I feel like I need to reach out and ask for help.... I'm tired of saying I'm going to start doing this diet and workout today, but today turns into tomorrow and tomorrow into next week and so on and so forth. I'm tired of hating what i see in the mirror and hating myself in general, I miss being able to fit into my clothes and being able to wear cute things.

So I know tomorrow is the start of a new month a fresh start, so I'm not going to say it I'm just going to do it! I just need to believe in myself...

Here's hoping

Replies

• mtruitt01
    mtruitt01 Posts: 370 Member
    Just start logging in your calories. It's an educational process that will motivate you. I put in that I wanted to lose 1 1/2 lbs a week. You can play with it. Right now I'm focusing on the food, and I'll add the loathsome exercise later. I found one that I can do at home in 15 minutes a day, and that's what I"ll do. You can lose without exercise! GASP! But it's not healthy. I always thought one had to do both to lose, and that always stalled me since I hate gyms.
  • I totally know what you mean, I feel exactly the same. Losing seems to be inevitable for me I lose a few then gain that back and some more. It is very frustrating... Sometimes its hard to believe in myself because I get off track so much but your right tomorrow is new day full of new possibilities.... Sometimes I am realizing you just got to keep trying and trying until you get it right.. Yea and all my clothes fit so tight now too.. but this time I must succeed.. Good Luck.. My name is Gina..
  • heybales
    heybales Posts: 18,842 Member
    What does a new month start that wasn't there before when you weren't motivated to continue or actually start?

Really, you should have an answer to that.

Hope without changing something is just asking for aggravation as you'll likely fail again.

And thinking that some moment in time will cause something unknown to happen this time compared to prior times is probably setting yourself up for failure.

Write out why you want to do this. Simple short list best. But BIG letters.
    Put it on the fridge, main cupboard door, bathroom mirror, car visor or somewhere.

And then set realistic goals.

If your goals is to eat 1000 daily and exercise 2 hrs daily and lose the weight in 4 weeks - get ready to fail again.

If as indicated nicely above the goal is 250-500 cal deficit (depending on amount to lose), logging what you burn in exercise since it's not included, and then starting with a 15-30 min walk daily - much better chance of success, and moving on to bigger goals once you have habits down.
  • DawnieB1977
    DawnieB1977 Posts: 4,248 Member
    As above...make sure your goals are realistic and it's something you can imagine doing forever. There's no point in aiming to lose 3lbs a week and exercise 2 hours a day if you plan on stopping that as soon as you lose what you need to.

I don't know your stats, but but you look young, and you don't look like you can have loads to lose, so I'd set MFP to lose 1lb a week. There's no rush. Find exercise you enjoy and commit to doing it 4-5 times a week. Plan some healthy meals but plan a treat too. I find having a treat once a week helps me.

Maybe plan something nice for when you lose x lbs, like a hair cut, get your nails done and so on.

You say you miss being able to wear cute things, so find an old photo of you wearing something cute and stick it on the fridge! Or go to your favourite store and look at some clothes you'd like to wear. That would be enough motivation for me :)

Good luck :)