Why is my belly fat not burning off?

Options
2»

Replies

• kenyainez
    kenyainez Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    I've gone through that also. I lost five inches off the waist and then boom, another 10 lbs lost and not a single inch off the waist decreased. I was LIVID! HOWEVER...other places began to decrease so that tells me that I'm still on the right track. All I can tell you is to keep pushing. Maybe increase the intensity of your cardio, increase the weights in your strength training routine, and as always stay at a good calorie deficit. The belly fat will begin to melt off again.
  • jgnatca
    jgnatca Posts: 14,464 Member
    Options
    I notice some areas more than others but I think the truth is I lose everywhere. I've got floppy soggy bits all over the place. I noticed my butt is smaller this morning. You don't notice the belly because it is starting at a larger place. It will take a while to show.
  • acorsaut89
    acorsaut89 Posts: 1,147 Member
    edited December 2014
    Options
    It depends on your body shape too. I found out through weight loss I have a pear shaped body . . . my jeans are tighter around my tummy and lose in the legs - although not enough for everyone to notice, but I notice - so maybe it just has to do with the shape of your body?

We all gain/lose differently in different areas. My butt hasn't grown but the shape has become fantastic so it looks awesome in pants now rather than being the uni-butt I used to be, I actually have shape!! Be patient, it will come if you're losing in other places you're more than likely losing there, it just takes time and due to your body shape/composition it might just take longer to see the same kind of results as you are seeing in other areas.
  • irejuvenateme
    irejuvenateme Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    Sounds like you are doing a lot of good stuff - these things don't happen overnight though - just keep at it and it will happen. Def I think the hardest part is the healthy eating part of things. For me that part is toughest when I am on little sleep - adequate rest/sleep is one of those things people often don't mention but can make a huge difference IMO. Good luck.
  • jasonp_ritzert
    jasonp_ritzert Posts: 357 Member
    Options
    Here's the best analogy I've heard about body fat:

Think of a city that has a lake near it. It rains over that city one day, and then the sun comes out during the "heat of the day." Water is evaporating from everywhere that the sun's rays are hitting, even if we don't see it right away. Meaning, that lake is evaporating at the same rate as the puddles caused by the rain. The puddles disappear faster because they were smaller to begin with, but that doesn't mean that the water off the top of the lake isn't evaporating, because it is.

Same goes for body fat. We notice that things like our fingers, collarbones, and faces seem to lose body fat a lot faster than the waistline and thighs, for example. But thinking of the lake and puddles, the fingers, collarbones, and faces have much much less body fat than the waistline and thighs do. So even though you are losing body fat from everywhere all at once, it just seems to show up better in those places where you were already carrying less body fat to begin with.