Weight loss, but clothes feel tighter

Options
Hi there,

Just wondering why this is happening, I seem to have lost weight on the scales, but I am pretty sure I have put on weight as my clothing up top is a bit tighter. Do you know why this would be? Could it be loss of muscle? I do personal training sessions twice a week, and I am wondering if my body is just getting used to the training and so there is not as much fat being burned?

Thanks

Replies

• Sued0nim
    Sued0nim Posts: 17,456 Member
    Options
    due on? could be water retention causing swelling of the boobage :smiley:
  • pomegranatemint
    pomegranatemint Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Due on? I'm guessing you are meaning TTOM? No it's not TTOM.
  • rbfdac
    rbfdac Posts: 1,057 Member
    Options
    I think it's in your head. I am down 32 pounds and the other day put on my clothes and felt disgusting. I swore that I looked even fatter than I did before I started all of this! My clothes felt tight and my bra felt tight and I just felt uncomfortable. I think we all have those days, honestly. Just keep on doing what you're doing and it'll pass!
  • Sarauk2sf
    Sarauk2sf Posts: 28,072 Member
    Options
    How much have you lost and over what period?

When did you start exercising?

Where do your clothes feel tight?
  • acorsaut89
    acorsaut89 Posts: 1,147 Member
    Options
    Hi there,

Just wondering why this is happening, I seem to have lost weight on the scales, but I am pretty sure I have put on weight as my clothing up top is a bit tighter. Do you know why this would be? Could it be loss of muscle? I do personal training sessions twice a week, and I am wondering if my body is just getting used to the training and so there is not as much fat being burned?

Thanks

If you're only doing personal training twice/week I doubt that's enough time for your body to adapt and efficiently be able to do the same exercise without burning something.

Loss of muscle won't be replaced in equal weight with fat, either.

You could be bloated - did you eat a lot of food you don't normally eat in the last couple days? Is your diet high in sodium? Are you drinking less water than you're used to, could result in water retention . . . lots of reasons, but least likely that you're exercising too much and therefore causing your body to adapt to your workout.