What do your meals look like

Options
Goood Morning (well it is morning where I am) . I am just trying to get a handle on my calorie thing. I want to eat enough calories that I am meeting the needs of my body, not feel hungry and still lose some weight. I am eating bewtween 1200 and 1400 calories. I was just wondering what other folks are eating in this range.

Thank you.

Replies

• TropicalParaMonster
    Options
    My usual day:
    • breakfast is usually oatmeal & unsweetened almond milk.
    • Snack on half a cup of carrots and 2 tbsp of hummus
    • Lunch is almost always meats (chicken breast, turkey breast, steak, salmon or tilapia) pan-seared with spinach salad (olive oil + lemon as dressing), and a carb (whole wheat pasta, microwaved potato with some sour cream)
    • Afternoon snack is Axelrod nonfat yogurt
    • Dinner is whatever I have/fits caloric range. Sometimes I make a wrap with deli turkey and some cheese, or boiled egg and some olives.

Thats between the 1200-1400 range for me on a daily basis.
  • Archerychickge
    Archerychickge Posts: 606 Member
    Options
    Coffee for breakfast (never been a big breakfast eater)
    Lunch is typically a wrap or pita sandwich with lots of greens and a lean protein usually under 200 calories
    Afternoon snack is some hummus and carrots, popcorn, fruit, or whatever I have that tastes good and is around the 100 calorie mark.

Dinner is when I EAT. I usually have at least 700 calories available so I make the most of it with more lean protein, a small serving or carbs and a veg.

I stay under 1200 whenever possible.
  • zeal26
    zeal26 Posts: 602 Member
    Options
    I eat at 1450 and have mostly the same things every day except I change up my dinners somewhat.

Typical day:

Breakfast: Oatmeal with strawberry jam (and sometimes half teaspoon peanut butter)
    Lunch: 2 poached eggs with half tin of baked beans
    Dinner: Right now I switch between spaghetti bolognese, pork chili with tortilla chips, chicken curry with rice, chicken stir fry with rice, fish fingers & veg, Broccoli Mac and Cheese and Shepherd's Pie.
    Snacks throughout the day: I have 2 squares of 70% dark chocolate every day. I also eat a LOT of fruit, apples, bananas, kiwis, grapes and clementines usually. I have 1 pot of vanilla yoghurt every day, and I usually end the night with a bowl of boiled mixed veg (frozen) or a few carrots sliced up and boiled.
  • Ellencas1974
    Ellencas1974 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I'm eating about 1400 a day as well. Typically I eat:

Breakfast: either greek yogurt with fruit or oatmeal (sometimes with nuts and raisins, sometimes with almond butter and banana)
    AM Snack: fruit - usually banana or clementines
    Lunch: Leftovers - so whatever meat I made for dinner last night plus leftover veggies OR a big salad with whatever is in my kitchen and chickpeas OR hardboiled eggs with veggies - rarely the same thing
    PM Snack: fruit - usually an apple OR low fat wheat thins with laughing cow cheese wedge
    Dinner: typically a protein (fish, chicken, pork tenderloin) and 2 veggies - I often use recipes from Skinnytaste.com

Any exercise calories I get are usually used for wine
  • Ellencas1974
    Ellencas1974 Posts: 13 Member
    edited December 2014
    Options
    Feel free to check out my diary if you need some inspiration. But ignore the last week since Thanksgiving hasn't made it pretty.
  • volfan22
    volfan22 Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    BREAKFAST
    Coffee (2 cups) with heavy cream and stevia sweet drops
    2 organic eggs (fried in butter)
    2 slices of bacon
    (most day - some days I have sausage)
    LUNCH
    (Leftovers from the night before, usually a meat and vegetable)
    DINNER
    Meat and vegetable (Ribeye/salad, pork loin/green beans etc.) All with extra bacon. :)
    SNACK
    Peanut butter, coconut oil, heavy cream fat bomb. (about 2-3 times per week)
  • jenchamb1
    jenchamb1 Posts: 73 Member
    edited December 2014
    Options
    Breakfast: coffee with sf creamer, egg white omelette with canadian bacon/mushrooms/onions
    Lunch: salad with various veggies (broccoli, snow peas, carrots, celery, etc), a protein mixed in (chicken, tuna, nuts) bolthouse dressing
    cup of sodium free boullion, fruit, sometimes a sf greek yogurt
    Dinner: typically protein and veggies, sometimes stir fried, sometimes cooked in tomato sauce, chicken marsala, mashed cauliflower. 1/2 cup Rice or small potato about twice a week.
    Snacks: about 3 a day - usually fruit, smoothie (almond milk and frozen berries), hummus and veggies, magic pop and whipped peanut butter, popcorn, thinaddictives cookies, fiber one lemon bar, sf greek yogurt, dixie cup
  • daretobethin115
    Options
    I eat one egg and 2 pieces of canadian bacon
    make a juice out of carrots beats kale apples and strawberries and i sip on it all day
    for dinner i only eat either chicken breast, extra lean ground turkey, eye round steak, or pork tenderloin. i eat a medium portion like 6 oz. sometimes with a serving of rice, steam veggies, or baked sweet potato. lunch is tuna wrap, with a tbs of olive oil mayo and onions. i snack on granola and fruit. yogurt too.
  • 47Jacqueline
    47Jacqueline Posts: 6,993 Member
    Options
    snu37tt8tlir.jpg
    like to eat breakfast out - Usually eggs and french fries, not toast, or i egg and a half corn muffin. Weekends, pancakes oe french toast.
    Lunch is a problem because I hate sandwiches, so fruit and cheese or soup or salad.
    Dinner usually looks like this:
  • 970Mikaela1
    970Mikaela1 Posts: 2,013 Member
    Options
    Breakfast. Coffee and a rockstar zero.
    Lunch . 12 oz grilled chicken sammich on Sara Lee 45 calorie bread with mayo, cheese, ketchup,onions and tomatoes. About 650 calories.
    Dinner yesterday 1450 -1500 calorie cheeseburger.p3wynorlyfpg.jpg
  • ddmusica
    ddmusica Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    Breakfast: Coffee with cream and sugar, a banana and 2 poached eggs. Some days I eat steel cut oatmeal in place of the eggs.
    Lunch: kale salad with grilled chicken strips
    Snack: Greek yogurt, almonds
    Dinner: salmon and cooked kale. Sometimes brown rice.
    Snack: fruit, popcorn
    (I do love a glass of wine). I eat 1200 a day. Have lost 20 lbs since September 1. I work out 6 days a week. Hoping to lose another 20.
  • melimomTARDIS
    melimomTARDIS Posts: 1,941 Member
    Options
    breakfast- cereal/bagel/oatmeal plus lowfat milk, fruit and coffee

Lunch- leftovers of the last night's dinner usually, which is typically a bean based dish. Add a veggie if it doesnt contain one. serve with noodles/rice

dinner- vegetable bean soup, beans and rice, tofu and noodles, pasta salad, cheese pizza, crustless quiche... etc.

Dessert- something small if I want it, usually a few snack size chocolates or a mug of hot chocolate. Had a small piece of apple pie tonight.

snack- a piece of fruit, or toast. I usually just skip it.