Low self esteem is deterring my progress

Options
2»

Replies

• ficklesoul
    ficklesoul Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the encouraging words.

I would love to workout during non peak hours but I work on shift and sometimes it's hard to go in the morning because I had to work.

I'm still trying though. Thanks for all the videos and tips. Will start looking for a plan.
  • yoovie
    yoovie Posts: 17,121 Member
    Options
    sometimes things are hard.
  • RoseyDgirl
    RoseyDgirl Posts: 306 Member
    Options
    Up until a month ago, I was in the weight room... and it's a good place to be. Choose a routine like Stronglifts 5x5. Research the 5 moves so you know what you're doing when you get into the gym... and choose a time that will make it so you don't have to compete as much for the equipment. then go to it.
    It doesn't take a long time to be in the weight-room if you know your program and the equipment are available.

I found that early mornings was less competition for the power Rack. Yes - you can develop enough that you can use an olympic bar and real weights. You can do squats, deadlifts, bent-over rows, overhead presses ... and 30-45 minutes can get you through this workout. You'll feel good! You'll feel strong! You'll feel invincible.

People sharing the area really are focused on their own routine. Just go and do it. practice good form. do your sets. You'll love it. :)

If I could kickstart myself to get out of bed early (now that it's so cold, it's definitely more difficult than before) - I'd be there again. I expect that once the winter solstice occurs and we get longer days again - I'll have more inclination to be back and lifting - so I may see you there. :)