Arm cellulite

Options
I have had a shoulder injury for well over a month and haven't been doing my upper body workout, just some rotator cuff exercises with light weights and bands, along with some yoga. I'm still doing cardio, abs, and lower body. Today, I was in one of the gyms that has strong lighting, and I noticed that I am now getting cellulite and wrinkly loose skin under my arms. I haven't gained any weight (unless you want to count a couple of lbs. from T-day), but I was surprised to see my muscle tone deteriorate so badly. I guess part of this is the aging process -- I am 56, but I always had fairly taut arms, if not "Michele Obama" arms. What can I do to reverse this? I'm still fairly impaired -- I can't do push-ups, any overhead lifting. I can't even do a tricep kickback with 5 lbs. on that arm.

Replies

• Cherimoose
    Cherimoose Posts: 5,210 Member
    Options
    It's just from having extra bodyfat and estrogen. Heavy strength training can improve it. Follow a standard, full-body program, skipping whatever you're currently unable to do. And of course eat the right number of calories.

• rosebette
    rosebette Posts: 1,659 Member
    Options
    Maybe bodyfat, but no estrogen -- haven't had any of that in about 12 years. I am basically doing strength and whole body training, but very limited in upper body. The other ongoing question is "What is the right number of calories?" Some say eat at a deficit, others eat at maintenance or slightly above. As a short older person (5'1.5"), my BMR is only 1136. I've set MFP with that as my "net" goal, and I try to eat that plus exercise calories. Of course, the past few days, I've been off track with the holiday, but I'm back now. Today's diary is pretty typical of my normal intake.