Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Tomorrow is a new Day!!

For anyone who just needs to move past the decisions they made today, and buck up for a better day tomorrow. Here is your place! We all have those days when Life just gets the best of us, and we turn to food and or alcohol for comfort.

I had one of those days today. The high calorie, high sodium, high flavour snacky food I bought for my children was just too alluring for me. The fried breakfast, and the loaded carb dinner all felt good in the moment, but as I sit here at night looking back over my day, I can't help but wonder if it was worth it. Probably not. BUT I have tomorrow. Tomorrow is filled with hope and new beginnings!

If there's anyone else that just needs a place to come and talk about their rough day, and get past the bad decisions that weighed them down, please, chat with me. We've all been there. Let's make sure it doesn't become habit again! We can do this friends!

Replies

• kardsharp
    kardsharp Posts: 516 Member
    Thank you for the reminder! Yesterday was a a wake up call for me. Today is a new day!
  • pinkiezoom
    pinkiezoom Posts: 409 Member
    Good post, and I too had my worst day to date but hey, one day wont ruin all our hard work.
    Just wonder why these binges sneak up on us! x
  • Hearts_2015
    Hearts_2015 Posts: 12,031 Member
    Xpecta wrote: »
    For anyone who just needs to move past the decisions they made today, and buck up for a better day tomorrow. Here is your place! We all have those days when Life just gets the best of us, and we turn to food and or alcohol for comfort.

I had one of those days today. The high calorie, high sodium, high flavour snacky food I bought for my children was just too alluring for me. The fried breakfast, and the loaded carb dinner all felt good in the moment, but as I sit here at night looking back over my day, I can't help but wonder if it was worth it. Probably not. BUT I have tomorrow. Tomorrow is filled with hope and new beginnings!

If there's anyone else that just needs a place to come and talk about their rough day, and get past the bad decisions that weighed them down, please, chat with me. We've all been there. Let's make sure it doesn't become habit again! We can do this friends!

nice! <3
  • kat65
    kat65 Posts: 124 Member
    This is a journey, not a destination. We will have great days and bad days. Just focus on turning a new page and starting fresh.
  • paulawatkins1974
    paulawatkins1974 Posts: 720 Member
    I had a day like that yesterday. Was an "Oinker" For sure. Then I came home at almost 11 pm and went speedwalking/jogging like a mad person in the pouring/freezing rain for about an hour to do some damage control. I mean it's good to have the option, but not at the risk of pneumonia just because of guilt!
  • palwithme
    palwithme Posts: 860 Member
    Thanks for the reminder. This holiday weekend I slipped up a bit and only exercised once. Back to it this week. ;0)
  • cwlsr
    cwlsr Posts: 71 Member
    Xpecta wrote: »

I will make it short! Tomorrow never comes it is always today. One day does not make a life. Just tell yourself "It is O.K." because this is a journey and sometime on any journey there will be rain and sometime it may snow if you live up north. There are always road blocks and detours along the way but this is journey and I will get there someday. Continue on the journey and don't regret the brief respite because you are still on your way. CWLSR (the sage)
  • dusjujr
    dusjujr Posts: 160 Member
    Over the past week, I exercised 5 days and was drinking 8-10 cups of water my weight would go down 2lbs and then up 3lbs. I was told to keep drinking the water but just feeling down about the ups and downs of my weight.
  • Xpecta
    Xpecta Posts: 451 Member
    How are you all doing today? It's so good to know that I'm not the only one. I've got my eating under control today, which definitely feels great! However, I haven't exercised yet. Feeling a bit tired too. However, I know I'm going to. I'm doing the C25K, and I start week six today! Weeww!!

I hope you're all doing wonderful!! Keep it up! It's worth it!
  • hellokittyhorror
    hellokittyhorror Posts: 70 Member
    Thanks for your inspirational message to get back on track! I had bad days last month where I ate several artisanal doughnuts. Sometimes I felt ok after eating bad things and sometimes felt bad. What has helped is that I let myself have something yummy, like dark chocolate w/ coconut oil, instead of eating bad things. With the help of my MFP friends & taking things moment-by-moment, I'm going to try to make December 2014 my healthiest month of the year!
  • hellokittyhorror
    hellokittyhorror Posts: 70 Member
    dusjujr wrote: »
    Over the past week, I exercised 5 days and was drinking 8-10 cups of water my weight would go down 2lbs and then up 3lbs. I was told to keep drinking the water but just feeling down about the ups and downs of my weight.

Supposedly, inches lost is a better indicator. If you are working out lots, you could be gaining heavy muscle, which likely means improved metabolism! Also, do you have a reliable scale?
  • Xpecta
    That's good that you're trying to change what you crave and go to! Something healthier is always better. However, having the things that you so badly crave in moderation will help with bad binging because you won't feel the need to! Every Friday I give myself a 'Free' day so that I can look forward to it!
  • kristimason3
    kristimason3 Posts: 131 Member
    I didn't exercise enough. I'm down to my last 10 lbs and I know its going to take some serious extra effort at this point yet I'm slacking on what I know I need to do to get there. When I was younger maybe I would've been really happy to be at my current weight, but now I look in the mirror and all I see is where my bum used to be compared to where it is now, my surgery scars, skin not as tight as it used to be etc. I'm worried that I still won't be happy 10 lbs from now despite all the progress and hard work it took. Ugh. Just one of those days I guess. Hopefully tomorrow will prove more inspiring. Working on accepting things for what they are.
  • Xpecta
    How far have you come? Maybe try to focus on how far you have come, rather than how far you have yet to go. But I know the feeling. Just keep at it! Eventually you will find a place where you're happy with yourself! :)
  • kristimason3
    kristimason3 Posts: 131 Member
    Ty Xpecta! I really hope I can get to that place because I sure as hec can't afford plastic surgery lol
  • Xpecta
    Who can? haha. Have you looked up different ways to help with it. Also, if you want it bad enough, you'll definitely get there :)
  • yoovie
    yoovie Posts: 17,121 Member
    I didn't leave my house early enough to do everything I wanted to do at the gym today :( I had to abbreviate it to the really hard stuff I didn't wanna do -_-

I was rewarded by the barbell though, as always. (he loves me)
  • dusjujr
    dusjujr Posts: 160 Member
    dusjujr wrote: »

Supposedly, inches lost is a better indicator. If you are working out lots, you could be gaining heavy muscle, which likely means improved metabolism! Also, do you have a reliable scale?

yes...well i think so
  • shadowloss
    shadowloss Posts: 293 Member
    Had to cut the gym short last night and tonight will be another short night due to family obligations. With everything going on in my life, I'm finding it harder to get to the gym, but I think 1 hour is better than nothing. Just have to push harder to get it all done in a shorter time frame.
  • Xpecta
    Yoovie, and shadowloss, think about how you both at least GOT to the gym! How great is that? Better than if you hadn't made it at all. And perhaps you could also try doing things at home to get some extra exercise in :)