Back from vacation

Options
Just came back from vacation: nearly three weeks in Thailand and Cambodia. Nearly three weeks without internet and counting and I have not gained any weight even though I had 2-3 glasses of coke or similar sweet stuff each day, and quiet a few small bags of crisps. Guess I really needed the sugar and salt in that humid climate. Also ate lots of rice and fruits, and got totally addicted to dishes with tamanrind and/or fried pork. Anyway... back, and still the same :smile:

Replies

• mymodernbabylon
    mymodernbabylon Posts: 1,038 Member
    Options
    Fabulous! I find vacations are usually maintenance for me as I walk/stand a lot more so burn more calories. It's only when I visit the US do I have to worry about portion sizes.
  • yirara
    yirara Posts: 9,442 Member
    Options
    Thanks a lot :smile: Yes, the first 1.5 weeks I was extremely active: climbing up and down temples (yes, I was aware that Hindu temples are often pyramides, but still it was much more exhausting than expected) or exploring cities. The last part I did pretty much nothing at all, apart from hanging around inside the sea or pool bit, lots of reading, exploring the mangroves around my hotel by kayak and eating out fabulous food.

I do have problems as well with the US and Canada. It's just so much sugar (never found bread and meat for it without sugar in downtown Calgary) and salt.
  • Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,150 Member
    Options
    Awesome job!
  • nxd10
    nxd10 Posts: 4,570 Member
    Options
    Congratulations!
  • KeepTheFaith9
    KeepTheFaith9 Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    Wow impressive!
  • Juvenica
    Juvenica Posts: 460 Member
    Options
    obviously you needed that :) same thing happened to me when I went on vacation , I even lost a bit. Guess your body needs change from time to time!
  • yirara
    Options
    Thanks a lot :smile: Now that I've lost the usual plane travel water weight I can say that nothing at all has changed with my weight. I'm happy :smiley:
  • yirara
    Options
    Still no change overall :smile: though my weight is a bit more erratic that while losing. Somewhere midweek I'm always some 800 grams heavier, and after the first weekend day it's gone again. Funny. Nothing I'm worrying about though. I just never used a scale regularly.
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    Awesome!
  • yirara
    Options
    Cheers :blush:
    Caesibbett: I would stay away from buffets but eat a-la-carte instead and order one course, and then see if you're still hungry. Or share with your partner if you want to try more things. For lunch on a Thai beach we usually had a meat dish with rice and a papaya salad together. Kept us full until the evening meal and we had more than once choice of food on the table. For the evening we usually also put two dishes in the middle and took from both. If we were still hungry then we'd share a desert, which were really huge.
  • yirara
    Options
    Right, I decided to stop maintaining and to lose a bit more weight. Starting to maintain was a very spontaneous decision as I had no real target weight as such. It just felt good at that time. Now some three months later I got used to the new me and am curious if I can lose a bit more weight, and if it will (again) come off on my still problematic thights and lower legs. I'm still far from being underweight, with a BMI of 22.x so that should not be a problem.