Feeling Weak!!

I attended a wedding over the weekend and although there was a lot on offer I managed to resist all of the temptations before me except for champagne, I also danced for about 4 hours solid so I figured I worked off the champagne.

However, back home I am having problems getting my head back into the right space.
I have been boredom eating when I get home at night and although its relatively healthy (low fat yoghurts and fruit) I am eating more than my food diary says I should. I also managed to put on 2lbs over the weekend which is very demotivating.

I am sitting at work with chocolates all around and feeling severely tempted to eat them. I could almost cry I feel so fed up!

I have stuck to my eating plan so far today but worried that I am going to slip when I get home again.

I will get through this though. I am going to try to be busy tonight, get the washing done and get some exercise.
Wish me luck - if I can get through the next few days I think I will be back on track.

XxX
Cate

Replies

• kathyhull
    kathyhull Posts: 327 Member
    Evenings and chocolate are my downfalls too! If I can get straight to the gym after work I do just fine but if I have to go home first (dogs to let out which've been penned up all day) I get sucked into eating and watching TV and turn into a complete couch potato. All good intentions fly out the window! But, we've got to stand strong and do what we know we need to do to stay healthy! You can do this!!
  • cpayne56
    cpayne56 Posts: 12
    Thanks Kathy - glad to know its not just me!
  • rhogr000
    rhogr000 Posts: 126
    My advice to you would be not to deny and deprive yourself of food; if you want to eat a piece of chocolate then do it, it's perfectly okay.

If you get into this constant cycle of depriving yourself and then fighting cravings you'll eventually cave and binge. The most successful people are those who learn to eat a balanced diet that includes ALL food groups and makes room for the occasional treat.

I eat a piece or two of chocolate every single day and I've still lost weight and have been able to maintain this healthy lifestyle.
  • Fozzi43
    Fozzi43 Posts: 2,984 Member
    You can eat what you want, within reason, as long as it fits your calorie allowance.
  • Callmecookie88
    Callmecookie88 Posts: 16 Member
    Maybe you are working a little too hard. Allow yourself something moderate to cheat with every few days. It keeps you on track but helps curb that feeling of the never-ending diet.
  • cpayne56
    cpayne56 Posts: 12
    I so wish I could do that - unfortunately my gallstones disagree to the extent that if I eat any fat at all I am in intense pain.

So if I do have a cake or piece of chocolate - it will hurt me a lot - doesn't mean I don't want to though. I am also diabetic so sugar is not good for me at all and as I don't want to go down the road of injections it is vital I keep my blood sugar stable,

I am hopeful that once I get my op I will be able to vary my diet a little and perhaps have some cheese!! Thats my dream food at the moment!