Has anyone been told that they are getting too skinny?

Options
13»

Replies

• happyvalentinesday
    Options
    When I was thin and lost weight I was told that n I was like eww get away. I was wondering if I was too skinny n started eating more cause after all I was too skinny right ? Lol as long as you feel good and are eating and staying hydrated then youre fine. Dont let people get to youm theyre just concerned which is nice so be kind to yourself and lose the weight in a healthy way.
  • Revonue
    Revonue Posts: 135 Member
    edited December 2014
    Options
    Yep. From most people I think their hearts are in the right places.
    But my mother has gone as far as saying that I'm "losing" my "figure", that I look pale and other such comments. I'm 5'4" and 145, so I'm literally just barely in the healthy range.
    The comments have gone from making me feel a bit proud to becoming irritating. I'd really rather people don't comment on my weight at all if they can't keep it to a simple compliment and then move on.
  • SuggaD
    SuggaD Posts: 1,369 Member
    Options
    I used to get it all the time. I still get remarks about how thin I am on occasion. I don't see it though. I'm 5'6, 123 on average and muscular and still trying to tone up my problem spots. I attribute it to jealousy and just ignore especially as the people making the comments always ask me how I lost the weight and hope it's something other than the truth--an active lifestyle and healthy eating.
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,867 Member
    edited December 2014
    Options
    Most people who say things like, "you don't need to lose anymore weight" are actually trying to compliment you. Talking about ones weight is a bit taboo and people are just trying to do the best they can to be complimentary. In reality, they may think you still need to lose some weight, but saying so would be quite rude wouldn't it...

Others are just used to seeing overweight people which is more the norm so they don't really know what a good, healthy weight looks like...but in my experience, most people are just trying to be complimentary.

I could give a *kitten* anyone so it really doesn't matter either way for me. Also, I'm not trying to be skinny so nothing to worry about there....I'm "overweight" with about 15% BF...so people can go suck it.
  • SingingSingleTracker
    SingingSingleTracker Posts: 1,866 Member
    Options
    In most cases, if we consider who is concerned about us being too skinny, it is easy to disregard the remarks.

I don't know what a collection of data would say about the comments coming more from those who are outside of the normal weight range that we have attained, but I certainly factor that in if and when I get a comment.