Foot pain...shoes???

Options
I have been running with New Balance 680 v3's (size 11E) since June. I am on my second pair as of late October, retiring my older pair to everyday shoes. I ran a half marathon in November with my new pair, so I broke them in ahead of time...they are definitely broken in by now.

Saturday after doing a lot of shopping on Black Friday and the day after, the outside edge of my right foot began hurting. As if my shoes were too narrow or something and squeezed to hard. BUT...these aren't new shoes, or new size...anything like that. In fact I used my old running shoes, the ones I retired for the shopping activity. I walked barefoot a couple days afterwards as much as possible to heal.

This morning I ran in my newer running shoes, the ones I have run in for much further distances on multiple occasions, and now that outside edge of my right foot is hurting again.

I would simply buy new shoes if I thought the shoes were the problem, but this is now 6 months with this style and size of shoe, and have never had this problem with either pair until now.

Any thoughts from experienced runners or anyone who might be familiar with this sort of foot pain?