Special teas(diet,detox,etc.)?

Options
What kind of ''special'' teas are you drinking,what do you suggest,which are the healthiest and helps in maintaining/losing weight?
Maybe someone had some bad experience with those teas?
Share! :)

Replies

• SingRunTing
    SingRunTing Posts: 2,604 Member
    Options
    I only drink tea if I feel like drinking tea. It's usually some sort of chai from Teavana.

No such thing as a detoxing tea. All tea is pretty good for you from a hydration standpoint. Drink what you like, don't worry about the rest.
  • tulips_and_tea
    tulips_and_tea Posts: 5,715 Member
    Options
    Yep, there are no "magic" teas, but I drink hot green tea in the AM and iced black tea in the afternoon. But, I also drink a ton of water. The tea I drink has caffeine, so I don't count on it for hydration.
  • concordancia
    concordancia Posts: 5,320 Member
    Options
    The "special" teas you mention range from nothing to hyped up on caffeine to laxatives, so only the first kind are at all healthy. Just drink your favorite tea, instead.
  • TimothyFish
    TimothyFish Posts: 4,925 Member
    Options
    I usually drink Lipton, but sometimes I'll drink Bigelow's Earl Gray. But if you want to detox, stay off the drugs.
  • I_Will_End_You
    I_Will_End_You Posts: 4,397 Member
    Options
    I love tea, but it doesn't do anything as far as helping with weight loss or "detoxing".
  • 1moretimetho
    1moretimetho Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    i like peppermint tea, but only because i enjoy it without adding any sugar and its nice and warm in the winter
  • 111YoYo111
    111YoYo111 Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    I can tell you that laxative tea doesn't work. At least it didn't for me.
  • SLLRunner
    SLLRunner Posts: 12,942 Member
    Options
    cottony wrote: »
    What kind of ''special'' teas are you drinking,what do you suggest,which are the healthiest and helps in maintaining/losing weight?

Oh my gosh, I love chai tea!

Does it have any bearing on weight?

Nope. No tea does.

• GingerbreadCandy
    GingerbreadCandy Posts: 403 Member
    edited December 2014
    Options
    Whatever herbal tea tastes good. :stuck_out_tongue:

Coincidentially, I found one called "Schlank & Fit" (Thin & Fit) which I really, really enjoy. XD And it has a picture of a cornflower on it, which I find pretty.

There is no such thing as a magic tea that helps loose weight, however. Not as such. However, drinking herbal tea after meals or during the day helps me curb cravings, if I have any. One particular tea that had Mate Tea in it was actually satiating, for some weird reason. But that is all just me.

At most, some herbal teas will have calming effects, but that is it.
  • Christine_72
    Christine_72 Posts: 16,049 Member
    Options
    I've just started drinking bojenmi slimming tea. It doesn't make me run to the loo. I've been drinking 3 cups a day since last Thursday. Weigh in day is Friday, so we shall see.... I've made sure to keep everything the same calorie wise this week.
  • tracie_minus100
    tracie_minus100 Posts: 465 Member
    Options
    I drink tea after meals. I have a tendency to want to continue to eat even if I'm full because I enjoy the taste...so having some sort of "dessert" tea helps to stop me from wanting to keep eating. (I have a mint chocolate chip tea and a white chocolate tea that work great).
    No tea is going to help with weight loss, other than if you are replacing high calorie drinks with it or something.
  • ophiure
    ophiure Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I drink tea after meals. I have a tendency to want to continue to eat even if I'm full because I enjoy the taste...so having some sort of "dessert" tea helps to stop me from wanting to keep eating. (I have a mint chocolate chip tea and a white chocolate tea that work great).
    No tea is going to help with weight loss, other than if you are replacing high calorie drinks with it or something.

I'm glad I'm not the only one with this problem. This is a great solution!

I usually drink DAVIDsTEA. Usually a mate or black in the morning, and rooibos or herbal at night.

No reason though. I just like tea. It has no bearing on weight-loss.
  • samanthamicheleB
    samanthamicheleB Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    green tea , and other herbal teas are generally great for you .
    i drink decaf green and not only does it help clear up your skin , it helps boost your metabolism and helps protect you from cancers etc.
    most herbal teas have great health benefits , its something you can Google. I think peppermint helps with headaches ,concentration and weight loss and chamomile helps you sleep etc
  • lfrazier2482
    lfrazier2482 Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    I use to drink magic tea back in my youth. Not specifically for weight loss. I did laugh a lot and I am sure that burned a few calories. Probably not enough to be considered a weight loss tip.
  • segacs
    segacs Posts: 4,599 Member
    Options
    The 'special' teas are just regular tea and some slick marketing.

I do enjoy a nice cup of tea. But drink what you like, don't worry about those fake claims.
  • TeyaSweet
    TeyaSweet Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Green and oolong tea are great for your metabolism. I noticed a huge difference in my overall weightloss and energy levels when I was drinking three cups of tea a day. Of course I also coupled it with a cup of ice water because I drink tea with caffeine and staying hydrated will help drop pounds. I think, though, there is no tea out there that will make a huge difference or be the cure all for weightloss, there are just some things that boost metabolism (spicy food too!)
  • SLLRunner
    Options
    TeyaSweet wrote: »
    Green and oolong tea are great for your metabolism. I noticed a huge difference in my overall weightloss and energy levels when I was drinking three cups of tea a day. Of course I also coupled it with a cup of ice water because I drink tea with caffeine and staying hydrated will help drop pounds. I think, though, there is no tea out there that will make a huge difference or be the cure all for weightloss, there are just some things that boost metabolism (spicy food too!)
    Nope. No tea or food boosts metabolism, not even that delicious spicy food. That's 100% myth.

Water helps keep you full so you eat less, but being hydrated does not help you frop pounds.

If you noticed a huge difference in your weight loss when drinking tea, it's because you were drinking tea while eating at a calorie deficit. Eating less calories than you burn is the only way to lose weight. Caffeine provides a boost to energy levels for some people, but that has nothing to do with increasing metabolism.

• SLLRunner
    Options
    green tea , and other herbal teas are generally great for you .
    i drink decaf green and not only does it help clear up your skin , it helps boost your metabolism and helps protect you from cancers etc.
    most herbal teas have great health benefits , its something you can Google. I think peppermint helps with headaches ,concentration and weight loss and chamomile helps you sleep etc
    There is no magic in green tea, even though it has a nice taste. Tea does not help boost metabolism and I doubt it helps protect a person from cancer.

• brower47
    brower47 Posts: 16,356 Member
    edited December 2014
    Options
    cottony wrote: »

The diet teas out there are nothing more than powerful laxatives or highly caffeinated. If you want to spend a couple of hours on the toilet, crapping your brains out, then get one of those. If you want to lose weight, eat less and move more.

Drink tea if you like it, though I would avoid the laxative teas (detox, diet, weight loss teas) but none of it out there is going to affect your weight loss in any measurable way. Unless of course you are highly affected by the placebo effect.
  • melbot2point0
    melbot2point0 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I use to drink magic tea back in my youth. Not specifically for weight loss. I did laugh a lot and I am sure that burned a few calories. Probably not enough to be considered a weight loss tip.
    :D