Jump starting my 2015 get fit and healthy plan...

I have been archiving all our old family pics and came across a photo from about 10 years ago. Man was I shocked, i looked great, about 60lbs less than I am now. I was always active ate healthy and thin until about 10 years ago. A hysterectomy, stressful job, kids leaving home and I am at 220. How the heck did I get here?????? I eat mindlessly, enjoy too many cocktails with friends and don't exercise. I have become a complete couch potato and I hate how I look and feel.

For me exercise needs to come first which in turn motivates me to eat healthy. I fell on ice back in February and had a complete rupture of my hamstring on my right leg. Laid up for 2 months followed by 4 months of PT I have been cleared to resume all normal activity. With concern for my leg, I signed up with a Personal Trainer and will begin working with her on Tuesday. For me if I am working out, I naturally eat better. Win win situation.

So bring on 2015 I will be leaner, fitter and healthier.

Replies

• WantANuMe
    WantANuMe Posts: 9 Member
    Good for you!!
  • thegreatcanook
    thegreatcanook Posts: 2,419 Member
    Good job starting on this journey! Add me and I'll cheer you on!
  • Sued0nim
    Sued0nim Posts: 17,456 Member
    my trainer is the reason I am here, 6 months later, so much fitter wearing a US size 8 and still happy to keep on keeping on

MFP logging is the reason I dropped 39 pounds but he kept me motivated and keeps on pushing me

good luck