• hearthemelody
    hearthemelody Posts: 1,025 Member
    Options
    "The project has currently raised just $77 of the million-dollar goal..."
  • usmcmp
    usmcmp Posts: 21,220 Member
    Options
    "Christianity is unable to capture modern audiences."

It's not because they don't serve sausage McMuffins between services.
  • skullshank
    skullshank Posts: 4,324 Member
    edited December 2014
    Options
    do they make those communion thingies big enough to hold a double QPer?

also, wine in the soda machine, right?

"and st. ronaldo mcdonaldo sat on high, proclaiming, take...eat...for these rocks i have turned to bread, and these bushes over here i have converted to all beef patties, and see those sticks? yeah, well, i managed to get them to resemble fries. and thou shalt dippeth thine fries in the blood of the lord, and give thanks...for the holy trinity hath fed you with the orange drink of yaweh, apple pie of the holy ghost, and those neat little cookies of god himself. can i get an amen?"
  • JeffseekingV
    JeffseekingV Posts: 3,165 Member
    Options
    I can have a McConfession with fries?
  • usmcmp
    usmcmp Posts: 21,220 Member
    Options
    Entering the Temple, Jesus saw the money changers, along with merchants who were selling animals for sacrifice. Jesus was so filled with anger at the desecration of the holy place that he took some cords and wove them into a small whip. He ran about, knocking over the tables of the money changers, spilling coins on the ground. He drove the exchangers out of the area, along with the men selling pigeons and cattle. As he cleansed the Temple of greed and profit, Jesus said "My house shall be called a house of prayer, but you make it a den of robbers." (Matthew 21:13, ESV)

Guess the new church is totally cool with turning their god's house into a den of gluttons.

*Disclaimer: I am NOT religious
  • _John_
    _John_ Posts: 8,642 Member
    Options
    McDonalds doesn't make people fat in the same way that alcoholic drinks don't make people alcoholics...
  • The_Enginerd
    The_Enginerd Posts: 3,982 Member
    Options
  • _John_
    _John_ Posts: 8,642 Member
    Options
    I'd have to know if the church softball team was competitive before I considered joining...
  • Lasmartchika
    Lasmartchika Posts: 3,440 Member
    Options
    Dios mio... smh...
  • hearthemelody
    hearthemelody Posts: 1,025 Member
    Options
    skullshank wrote: »
    "and st. ronaldo mcdonaldo sat on high, proclaiming, take...eat...for these rocks i have turned to bread, and these bushes over here i have converted to all beef patties, and see those sticks? yeah, well, i managed to get them to resemble fries. and thou shalt dippeth thine fries in the blood of the lord, and give thanks...for the holy trinity hath fed you with the orange drink of yaweh, apple pie of the holy ghost, and those neat little cookies of god himself. can i get an amen?"

Now I would join that religion.
  • PurringMyrrh
    PurringMyrrh Posts: 5,296 Member
    Options
    :laugh: Absolute scripture.
  • Timshel_
    Timshel_ Posts: 22,841 Member
    Options
    usmcmp wrote: »
    "Christianity is unable to capture modern audiences."

It's not because they don't serve sausage McMuffins between services.

Simple supply and demand. Christianity, salvation, religion, introspection, self-sacrifice, obedience, etc. are all in low demand compared to the one hour a week experience of acting Christian (meal, coffee, and live band included).

That is the modern audience.

• JeffseekingV
    Options
    Can I be baptized in some warm fries?
  • Sinistrous
    Sinistrous Posts: 5,589 Member
    Options
    LOL. Oh my dear..

Next step: Blame god because they got fat and maybe the lawsuits against Mickey D's will stop???

-so much facepalm-
  • riirii93_
    riirii93_ Posts: 475 Member
    Options
    i need an egg mcmuffin w a side of super size lies
  • moogplayer
    moogplayer Posts: 542 Member
    Options
    The McSin combo: $6.66
  • JeffseekingV
    Options
    Does redemption come with that shake?
  • melmelw80
    melmelw80 Posts: 352 Member
    Options
    do they make those communion thingies big enough to hold a double QPer?

also, wine in the soda machine, right?

Can I get a witness? Heaven is a McDonald Land playground.