Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

middle of my journey

Hello all,
My name is Will and I am 24 years old. Four years ago, when I was 20, my parents got divorced and i dove into food and any other chemical I could find to escape. I went from 225 to 268 pounds in a relatively short amount of time. I was depressed and looking to escape reality. My part time job was frying chicken and cashier at a local restauraunt. All the chicken, mac and cheese, dressing, double cheese burgers, french fries and pink lemonade I could stomach. Most nights after work we would have a medium sized cooler full of chicken. Why throw it away? At this point in my life I was living at my fraternity house, so I would take the chicken there and enjoy a twelve pack of bud light with a twelve pack of mixed chicken. Beer and chicken...too good. I also had to dip my chicken in a concoction of ranch and hot sauce. OOOHHWEEEEE finger smacking good. After moving out of the frat house I moved back home, since the college I was attending is in my hometown. This was the worst mistake of my life. I tried to run from the other chemicals I was abusing, so I ran home to mommy....literally. About a month after I moved back in I found out my dad was having an affair. I had to break the news to my mom.......To make matters worse, I got hammered the night of my sisters wedding and spilled the beans to her then. She didnt know what to do and would't kick my dad out of the house. This went on for an entire year. I couldn't just leave my mom so I buried myself in food and other chemicals. This began a four year span of dropping out of school and returning. Eating and abusing anything else I could get my hands on. Eventually, my girlfriend of 8 years dumped me and ended up getting knocked up by some random guy. This was more than I could take. I fell off the deep end and eventually ended up moving to North Ga in the mountains where I am now. In college I was studying exercise science so I knew what to do but just wasn't motivated. Last year, before I fell off the deep end, I had to do my practicum for my bachelors of exercise science. I chose to intern at the local crossfit gym. I did this for an entire semester and went from 268 down to 230. Only bad thing is I had a stress fracture that I am in an air boot right now for....Yes I waited an entire year to get it seen about. Currently I am 218 pounds and am shooting for 190 pounds. Any tips would be greatly appreciated.

Replies

• KLangleydoula
    KLangleydoula Posts: 1,494 Member
    Hi Will, you have had quite the journey so far. Congrats on the progress you have made. Feel free to add me as a friend and for encouragement.