Vivofit problems

Options
Sorry if this isn't in the right place - wasn't sure what it would qualify as...

I bought a Vivofit was super, super excited about it! I got it at work today and couldn't wait to get home to play with it. I set it up, got it all synced to computer, MFP, phone, etc. and as I was just sitting there (wearing the bracelet to get used to the feel), it suddenly jacked up to 27 steps. What? I kept it on, looked a bit later and boom. 55? I hadn't moved an inch.

Then I did get up and moved around a bit and it sometimes counted and sometimes didn't. Then I noticed it counting while I was standing and putting away laundry. What?

Also, in more minor issue - I can't get it to display the time. I have it set to display the time, but when I click the button, it just cycles from steps, goal and sync mode.

The website is no help. Did I get a bad Vivofit?

Replies

• SexyKatherine73
    SexyKatherine73 Posts: 221 Member
    edited December 2014
    Options
    It would of been counting the movement of your arm as you were folding your washing. pedometer are not 100% accurate, they are how ever a fun motivational tool to get you moving more.
  • jerber160
    jerber160 Posts: 2,606 Member
    Options
    just got mine. it didn't do time, calories or date until a synced it to my phone.. then they came up.. still can't figure out how to link to mfp
  • enterdanger
    enterdanger Posts: 2,447 Member
    Options
    I got mine yesterday and found out that my trusty iphone 4 is too old to sync with it. I synced with the computer using the ANT stick. It asked me right away if I want to sync with MFP. It is counting my calories on MFP, but I don't think the adjustments go both ways. That's ok with me since I'm using TDEE for daily calorie goals. I got the hrm strap and went for a run. I must say that it was definitely off (probably user error). At times it had my heart rate at 232 bpm which is just wrong. I'll play with it. I've also discovered that, as a female, chest straps aren't great since there are some obvious things that get in the way...
  • charlieandcarol
    charlieandcarol Posts: 302 Member
    Options
    I got a Vivosmart for Christmas but I am taking it back. I can't get the HR monitoring function to work properly. It either doesn't pick up anything at all or it picks it up briefly but then loses it again. I did some research on the internet and it seems others have had this problem and exchanged the device two or three times and still had issues.

I loved my FitBit except for that the band was a bit dodgy and would fall off from time to time until I finally lost it just before Christmas, only 6 months old, very disappointing.

In my experience for HR monitoring you can't go past Polar for consistency. Not sure what to do now? Wait for the FitBit Charge or Surge??? Anyone in the US got one yet, they haven't been released in Australia.