Thanksgiving Nightmare

Options
RuthieM67
RuthieM67 Posts: 6 Member
edited December 2014 in Motivation and Support
I used to enjoy most foods at Thanksgiving and didn't count calories until my desire to lose weight became stronger than wanting to enjoy a thanksgiving meal. Anyone else felt like they have to work harder now? I freak out when I see how much grams of sugar I have consumed. Here's hoping, I didn't gain two pounds let alone one Wednesday.

Replies

• Rockerbabe131
    Rockerbabe131 Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    "One Dent Doesn't Ruin the Whole Car." In other words, one slip up isn't going to ruin you! This is a LIFESTYLE change - not a diet. Its hard when you first start because you are so focused on losing the weight, that you are very much aware. And, be glad you are aware! Think of how naïve most of us are about how many calories, grams of sugar, mg of salt we are eating every day - no wonder we gain weight and feel like poo! Remember if you eat a bad meal, its done - shake it off! Drink lots of water, and keep going! One bad meal doesn't mean the whole day/week/month/year is blown :)
  • jrose1982
    jrose1982 Posts: 366 Member
    Options
    "One Dent Doesn't Ruin the Whole Car." In other words, one slip up isn't going to ruin you! This is a LIFESTYLE change - not a diet. Its hard when you first start because you are so focused on losing the weight, that you are very much aware. And, be glad you are aware! Think of how naïve most of us are about how many calories, grams of sugar, mg of salt we are eating every day - no wonder we gain weight and feel like poo! Remember if you eat a bad meal, its done - shake it off! Drink lots of water, and keep going! One bad meal doesn't mean the whole day/week/month/year is blown :)

^^This.

However, you can find strength in that "freaking out" state that you're in (I've been there). You're in that place where you're highly driven to make the right decisions and just sitting on the edge of making real long-lasting change. Keep going. Face the scale head-on. Cry if you have to, but keep going.

Get angry if it helps. Scream "Damn you, sugar!!!!!" Seriously, when I was in that freaking-out state, every time I drove past a fast-food place I yelled at the restaurant "F&$@ you! You made me fat!"

You feel like you have to work harder now, but you're also ready to do the work. You got this. Good luck!