4am Risers?

Options
2»

Replies

• jc93230
    jc93230 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Just get old and you will be waking at 3-4 AM anyway! I like to get out and run before there is traffic, so 4 works for me. I just bought a fitness band and it is pretty fun to have my step goal done before 8 on run days. I work in an office environment and I can stay sharp, just need to get up and stretch once in awhile.
  • corinic91
    corinic91 Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    tibby531 wrote: »
    I've been getting up at 4am for two and a half years, now. I'm still not used to it. ;) but I do like that I go on automatic, and get my workout in before I can fully wake up enough to talk myself out of it. the more active I've become, the less sleep I need. I used to go to bed at 8, now I go to bed at 9:30.

This^. I wake up at 5:45 to get my morning run in, but EVERY day I hit my alarm and say "noooooooo". It just becomes automatic to roll out of bed and make coffee, and by then I just don't let myself think about it :wink:
  • snowflake930
    snowflake930 Posts: 2,188 Member
    Options
    I am working out by 4 am in the gym at my office. I have always been a morning person though. I love getting my exercising out of the way first thing. Down side, I am ready to sleep by 7:30 or 8 p.m. I also have a 45 minute commute, so I am up by 2:00. It does work well for me, but I am old and don't need much sleep.
  • Shawshankcan
    Shawshankcan Posts: 900 Member
    Options
    I am up at 01:30, work at 02:30. Done at 10:30. In the gym at 12
  • kbmnurse
    kbmnurse Posts: 2,484 Member
    Options
    I am up at 545AM. On the treadmill by 620AM for 40 min---incline at 15, decreasing by 2 every :p 5 min. Work from home 8-530PM. Bedtime usually between 9-10PM. At lease one night a week I go to bed at 8PM. I LOVE getting my workout over with early.
  • Timshel_
    Timshel_ Posts: 22,841 Member
    Options
    How many of you wake up at or before 4am to work out?

Though i am still up before 4am, I don't work out then anymore. I moved to an afternoon slot to break up my day.