I almost binged...

Options
Hey! So I just ate 3 slices of cake! Yep, cake! I stopped myself from the caloric binge that would soon occur if I did not move on. I am so mad at myself and I only have 300 calories left for the day! This is very out of the ordinary for me to eat cake, much less 3 slices, but... Still! Any suggestions, how do I just get back on track? I am sure this question may seem stupid, but I just need some support!

Replies

• Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    Eat a lot of veggies and some leat meat for 300 calories, and just move on.
  • Lasmartchika
    Lasmartchika Posts: 3,440 Member
    Options
    Do some cardio for at least half hour? Then you'll have more calories... :\
  • queenliz99
    queenliz99 Posts: 15,317 Member
    Options
    Log the cake and then forget it. Like above poster said, eat veggies and lean meat and may be add a 30 minute walk. Tomorrow is another day.
  • bryannakay
    bryannakay Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    I hear you on the whole binging thing.......the key is to move on from it today and not wait until tomorrow!!! Get 30 minutes of exercise in today and just learn from it :smiley:
  • yopeeps025
    yopeeps025 Posts: 8,680 Member
    Options
    You are still under your calorie goal.
  • ChrisM8971
    ChrisM8971 Posts: 1,067 Member
    edited December 2014
    Options
    queenliz99 wrote: »
    Log the cake and then forget it. Like above poster said, eat veggies and lean meat and may be add a 30 minute walk. Tomorrow is another day.

100% this, its a rare occasion, don't let it get you down and even if you go over by a few 100 today you can get back on track.

This process is about the long term, not the occasional day

• RibStabsHeart
    RibStabsHeart Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    Just want to say I'm right here with you -- I've been doing great this week, and someone brought in doughnuts today. Normally, I'm strong, but oh MAN those doughnuts were INCREDIBLE! I had 3 donuts and a brownie before 8:00, when I haven't had hardly anything sweet since Saturday.

I resolved to do something about it, and today I beat my personal best on the treadmill and hit the exercise bike hard as well. I probably only worked off one of the things I ate, but damnit, I did SOMETHING and now I feel better.

Fight the urges for that fourth piece, and eat light for the rest of the day. Log it, and move on. It's harder than it sounds when you're trying to do this seriously, but you really do have to learn to let go and let live. You have to enjoy life sometimes. Next time, we just gotta stick to a SINGLE serving :D