Lunch!! Getting bored with my Mason Jar Salads

Options
2»

Replies

• CassieR6
    CassieR6 Posts: 280 Member
    Options
    Love it guys! Keep it coming! I need ideas for when I go shopping Saturday! :D
  • Lizzy622
    Lizzy622 Posts: 3,705 Member
    Options
    Shepherd's Pie mason jar; layer potatoes, ground meat of your choosing, corn, cheese if you like, and repeat.
    Wow and you can keep using the mason jars. You can also do this with Thanksgiving left overs - sweet potato, turkey, veggies and a little stuffingto top off. Love this idea. <3
  • libbydoodle11
    libbydoodle11 Posts: 1,351 Member
    Options
    Soups, stews, rice dishes and pastas with veggies all fit into mason jars.
  • rogertoliver
    rogertoliver Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Usually I bring a Healthy Choice Steamer bowl to work for lunch. Inexpensive (locally they are 2 for $5) and it's quicker for me to do this. Now that my extracurricular activities have slowed down for the winter, I'll be spending on afternoon each weekend preparing lunches for the week. I use to bake chicken breasts and add rice and setup 5 lunches for the week, but I'm seeing all of these other great ideas to spice up the weekday lunch doldrums. Thanks everyone!
  • dkeener_81
    dkeener_81 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Best post EVER!! I've been looking for new lunch ideas too!! :D
  • sofaking6
    sofaking6 Posts: 4,589 Member
    Options
    Ludka13 wrote: »
    I used to make my own miso soup to take to work. Put some chopped veggies and tofu in a wide mouth thermos. Add a spoon or two of miso. Add a little seaweed if you like that. Pour boiling water over the top and seal it up. By lunchtime you have yummy soup. Don't like miso? Put half a bouillon cube in there instead.

You're a genius.

My workday lunch lately has been, every day: Dannon lite n fit (toasted coconut flavor) with gluten-free granola (got some accidentally and I find it much yummier than regular). Very low cal. Banana for afternoon snack.

• esjones12
    esjones12 Posts: 1,363 Member
    Options
    I usually do a salad with chicken, egg or avocado. Or if I'll have some of whatever was for dinner the night before. So that would usually include brown rice and fish, some type of chicken, veggies, sometimes lean beef, etc.

To make it easy - if I know there will be leftovers, I just enter the next days lunch as I am cleaning up and/or measuring out and logging my dinner. Makes it quick and easy.
  • CassieR6
    Options
    Thank you all so much for the great responses!!
  • nickatine
    nickatine Posts: 451 Member
    Options
    today I had quite an unconvential lunch large banana greek yogurt with almond butter and a lil bit of honey just over 300 cal with 20 grams of protein. quite filling.

• jgnatca
    jgnatca Posts: 14,464 Member
    Options
    I got the same way in September. I'd been making mason jar salads for a solid month, preparing fresh, fresh, fresh greens from my community garden. When the garden finished, I just couldn't face a bagged lettuce leaf for a while.

So I gave myself a seven day veggie challenge, to change things up a bit and help me fall in love with vegetables again. It worked. I can eat salads again.

http://jgnatbuzz.blogspot.ca/2014/09/seven-day-veggie-challenge.html
  • CassieR6
    Options
    jgnatca wrote: »
    I got the same way in September. I'd been making mason jar salads for a solid month, preparing fresh, fresh, fresh greens from my community garden. When the garden finished, I just couldn't face a bagged lettuce leaf for a while.

So I gave myself a seven day veggie challenge, to change things up a bit and help me fall in love with vegetables again. It worked. I can eat salads again.

http://jgnatbuzz.blogspot.ca/2014/09/seven-day-veggie-challenge.html

Awesome!