old fashioned exercises and mfp

Options
i'm looking through the exercise list as i intend to become more active soon. i cannot afford a gym and it's going to be -35 for the next couple months. so i'm stuck with indoor exercise - and i do not own a television.

i was thinking of doing old fashioned exercises - jumping jacks, burpees, etc - but can't find much on the exercise lists. has anyone overcome this issue?

Replies

• concordancia
    concordancia Posts: 5,320 Member
    Options
    "Calisthenics"
  • skinnyinnotime
    skinnyinnotime Posts: 4,141 Member
    Options
    There's so many workouts you can do from home, find them on youtube or get some dvds, or just a general internet search!
  • SueInAz
    SueInAz Posts: 6,592 Member
    edited December 2014
    Options
    You could also use "aerobics". Be wary, however. MFP's calorie burns always seem to be pretty high. If you have a heart rate monitor, I'd suggest using it and then just entering that number into MFP instead of using the number that MFP generates. If you don't have a heart rate monitor, I'd suggest one. :)

If you have a computer, look on Youtube for workout videos. You might find some of them more enjoyable than an old fashioned calisthenics routine you devise yourself.
  • gothchiq
    gothchiq Posts: 4,598 Member
    Options
    Using either your phone or computer.... whatever you're using to get on MFP... look up "convict conditioning" and "bodyweight exercises" and do those exercises and call it calisthenics.
  • KylaDenay
    KylaDenay Posts: 1,585 Member
    Options
    Yes very much youtube! There is so much on the internet for you to utilize to workout. Fitnessblender, Jillian Michaels, Tae Bo, dancing, old school aerobics, body weight workouts, walk away the pounds and many more.
  • mykaylis
    mykaylis Posts: 320 Member
    Options
    thanks for the suggestions! youtube hasn't worked for me in days - is it just me?