Nurse with odd hours and rotating shifts!

Hey!

I've been on MFP for years and I need a new bunch of encouraging friends since most of mine seem to be not active!

I'm an Emergency Room Nurse working crazy odd hours and two jobs with two kiddos at home. I've have a ton of success with MFP but life got busy and I quit logging for a period of time. I've been successful in the past with meal planning and I started that back up this week. I lost 6lbs this week (Thanksgiving) and am motivted to keep it going.

Toss me an invite, I need fun things to read at odd hours of the day!

Replies

• lollitakennedy
    lollitakennedy Posts: 33 Member
    Hi from Toronto, I am also an RN retired after 33 years. It was hard always struggling. I didnt get the weight off until I retired. It is hard with shift and kids. Possibly if I had of made it on one of the diets I started getting control of my weight my life would have been easier. Get the weight off now. Once it is off you feel so amazing you never want to put it back on again. Im not talking 10 lbs Im talking all of it. Once you get that high feeling you never want to let it go. Get it off now. Don't wait until retirement. I found the journey of taking it off harder then my journey right now of keeping it off. Take care.
  • seattlerain
    seattlerain Posts: 189 Member
    Thanks for the words of encouragement! It is hard to eat as a nurse! I live off protein bars and liquids!
  • Train4Foodz
    Train4Foodz Posts: 4,298 Member
    Hey, it sounds like you're making the right positive moves towards building that motivation back up! I'm sure you'll do awesome!

Feel free to add me as a friend, I'm on just about all hours of the day and night and I'm a constant logger.. So, always available for an add!
  • seattlerain
    Sent :D
  • lollitakennedy
    lollitakennedy Posts: 33 Member
    dont forget to add me Im just learning how to use the board
  • aylaschoenhoff
    aylaschoenhoff Posts: 13 Member
    You can add me, I am new to mfp and not sure how it works yet trying to get friends on here
  • anna_jewel
    anna_jewel Posts: 127 Member
    Hi, feel free to add me for more support :)
  • seattlerain
    Sent! :)
  • Hey! I'm a grad student who pulls a lot of 36 hour days and also is VP of a small non-profit LLC so I'm more than familiar with protein bars and other on-the-go food and weird hours and stuff. Mind if I send a request? :)
  • Parkes1993
    Parkes1993 Posts: 123 Member
    Hi .. I'm from the uk but I work kinda lates and always on add me if Ya like .. And anyone else ..