Outer Quad sweep

Options
Just need some new workouts to help focus in on my outer quad sweep.... Need suggestions on new workouts or exercises please :-)

Replies

• Torontonius
    Torontonius Posts: 245 Member
    edited December 2014
    Options
    Hack squats. Best exercise for the vastus lateralis. Suggest 5 sets of 5 reps (at a weight where by the 5th rep you are struggling.)
  • CassBurgos83
    CassBurgos83 Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    Thank you. :)
  • feralX
    feralX Posts: 334 Member
    Options
    Hack squats. Best exercise for the vastus lateralis. Suggest 5 sets of 5 reps (at a weight where by the 5th rep you are struggling.)

Hacks target well, but you may find them hard on the knees with a narrow stance. For me it pushed my knees too far forward at the bottom and beat up my knees, but could be the platform was just to small for me, might be fine for you.

Have to disagree on the rep recommendation. 5 x 5 will build strength primarily, if you're looking for growth you need longer time under tension, simplest path to that is higher reps.
  • tomsarno
    tomsarno Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    "you need longer time under tension, simplest path to that is higher reps" The truest statement for muscle hypertrophy. If your question is increase the muscles size then that is the way to do it. If you mean increasing muscle tie-in for a longer look, that is genetics ad can not be changed.