For those of you who also take your measurements...

Options
How often do you do this? Every week? Once a month? I just took my first measurements on 11/22, but curious how often I should do it!

Replies

• wkwebby
    wkwebby Posts: 807 Member
    Options
    It's up to you. My typical time is about once a month to take measurements and daily for weight. I notice that if I'm at one weight for a while, my measurements will be down. Measurements can be done weekly though (but you just won't see such a big change week to week).
  • AllAboutThatPace
    AllAboutThatPace Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    Ok, I think I may do every other week. I was just curious what the better majority did. Thanks!
  • perfectlytrained
    perfectlytrained Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    once a month for me...
  • JoanneP1369
    JoanneP1369 Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    Once a moth as well.
  • FitFitzy331
    FitFitzy331 Posts: 308 Member
    Options
    wkwebby wrote: »
    It's up to you. My typical time is about once a month to take measurements and daily for weight.

I do this too, since I'm closing in on my goal I give myself a month for measurements so I can actually see some differences but I monitor my weight pretty much daily to just see how dietary changes (ie excessive sodium) affect it.
  • jbee27
    jbee27 Posts: 356 Member
    Options
    I do measurements on the first of every month.

I tend to step on the scale almost daily (I'm kind of fascinated by the daily differences), and officially weigh in once a week on Mondays. (Used to be Fridays, but I was feeling less accountable on the weekends, so I switched it to Monday.)
  • erockem
    erockem Posts: 278 Member
    Options
    I haven't done it for a year and was just thinking about it yesterday. Guess it's time.
  • marisas80
    marisas80 Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    I weigh and measure once a month
  • shellecollins
    shellecollins Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    I take them about every two weeks. But it depends on how quickly you're losing!
  • Need2Exerc1se
    Need2Exerc1se Posts: 13,576 Member
    Options
    I am measuring every 3-4 weeks. I don't really have a set schedule.
    101810191020 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    I measure everything every two weeks along with progress pics and step on the scale once a week.
  • lmr0528
    lmr0528 Posts: 427 Member
    Options
    I do it once a month.
  • GrammyPeachy
    GrammyPeachy Posts: 1,723 Member
    Options
    I measure on the first of each month.
  • seltzermint555
    seltzermint555 Posts: 10,742 Member
    Options
    wkwebby wrote: »
    It's up to you. My typical time is about once a month to take measurements and daily for weight. I notice that if I'm at one weight for a while, my measurements will be down. Measurements can be done weekly though (but you just won't see such a big change week to week).

This!

Except I usually only take measurements every 6-8 weeks, it seems. I just don't think about it nearly as much. It is nice during times when my weight loss has stalled to see a slight loss in inches.
  • Lasmartchika
    Lasmartchika Posts: 3,440 Member
    Options
    Once a week... if I remember. LOL! :laugh:
  • Lounmoun
    Lounmoun Posts: 8,426 Member
    Options
    Once a month.
  • tulips_and_tea
    tulips_and_tea Posts: 5,711 Member
    Options
    Yep, I'm with the majority here: I measure once a month. I've been keeping my measurements written down in the same notebook for almost 20 years. It's amazing sometimes to look back and see all the changes. Been holding steady for the past 10 years or so, but that first 10 was a little scary!
  • AllAboutThatPace
    AllAboutThatPace Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    Ok, I was thinking once a month in the beginning, but was thinking maybe it wasn't enough. So, once a month it is. I also step on the scale every day, but officially weigh in on Saturday. :)
  • sarahrbraun
    sarahrbraun Posts: 2,261 Member
    Options
    I have my trainer measure me every 2-3 months. I take pictures monthly in a bikini. I was stepping on the scale daily, but I gained 9lbs recently, and getting on the scale was messing with my head.

I lift, so the number on the scale isn't as important for me as it is for others. Despite being obese, I wear a size 10/12. Honestly, the last time I got measured, I thought I had gained inches....but I actually lost a bit everywhere but my chest-- despite my "gain" on the scale.

• randomtai
    randomtai Posts: 9,003 Member
    Options
    Once every couple of months.