MiO & Other Water Enhancers

Options
cleonar01
cleonar01 Posts: 16 Member
I'm not sure if this is posted somewhere else (work's computer will only let me see so far back) but I wanted to see if there were any caloric or sugar contents/reprecussions to these MiO things or the offbrand FitActive water enhancers.
I know they "say" 0 'everything' but I know better than to believe everything I read.

Replies

• ahmadfahmy
    ahmadfahmy Posts: 214 Member
    Options
    I'm not sure if this is posted somewhere else (work's computer will only let me see so far back) but I wanted to see if there were any caloric or sugar contents/reprecussions to these MiO things or the offbrand FitActive water enhancers.
    I know they "say" 0 'everything' but I know better than to believe everything I read.

They're 0 calorie because they use artificial sweetener...i use MiO to flavor most of my supplements.
  • djeffreys10
    djeffreys10 Posts: 2,312 Member
    Options
    Zero calorie is not the same as NO calories. When the calories are low enough per serving, they can legally round down and put 0 calories. If I am not mistaken, Mio is flavored with fructose. Fructose is simply a carbohydrate providing 4 calories per gram. Determine how much fructose you get per spray, and you will get your actual calorie amount. But it is going to be so low that it is negligible.

Fwiw, I used Mio to break myself from drinking diet coke. Icouldn't stand drinking flavorless water with a meal, so the Mio helped with that. Then I weened myself off Mio, and now drink almost exclusively water.
  • soccerchick3339
    soccerchick3339 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I've never had any problem with any of the regular ones (i.e. no caffeine), but I use them sparingly, mostly only for when I'm really craving soda/tea/juice.