MyFitnessParent ?!?

longtimeterp
longtimeterp Posts: 614 Member
edited December 2014 in Chit-Chat
Anyone feel like the forums are becoming more and more moderated and censored, especially with this new flag someone as a game going on? "I don't agree with the link this person posted, flag it as spam!" I mean everyone on the site is an adult, i think the excessive moderation is going a bit too far. I've gotten more flags and seen more nuked posts in the last 2 weeks then in my previous 3.5 years here.
censored.gif

Replies

• smantha32
    smantha32 Posts: 6,990 Member
    agreed.
  • grantwashere
    grantwashere Posts: 171 Member
    In before closure!
  • Winterlover123
    Winterlover123 Posts: 352 Member
    Absolutely agree.
  • Sinistrous
    Sinistrous Posts: 5,589 Member
    edited December 2014
    Well, that's what we get for whining that we needed new forums! We got what we asked for, and then some! :\

ETA: I, for one, do not mind the colors. I like colors :D
  • NerdieMcChub
    NerdieMcChub Posts: 153 Member
    I agree there. I got reported for "swearing." Last I knew, swears were bleeped out? I don't remember MFP being that way before. Lots has changed in my time off :P
  • longtimeterp
    In before closure!

OMG if they nuke this thread, that would be SOOOO FUNNY!
  • Timshel_
    Timshel_ Posts: 22,834 Member
    I think there needs to be more moral cleansing of ye heathens.

Mind you, I believe we are all getting exactly what we pay for here.
  • ValerieMartini2Olives
    ValerieMartini2Olives Posts: 3,024 Member
    In before the lock
  • Sinistrous
    Sinistrous Posts: 5,589 Member
    MyFitnessPolice is more like it.

Back in the day... I got a warning for saying "Twinkies", so it's still kind of the same to me.
  • longtimeterp
    MyFitnessPolice is more like it.

i like...
    M_SEGWAY1_grande.jpg?1154
  • bennettinfinity
    bennettinfinity Posts: 865 Member
    I wouldn't mind the flagging system so much if it were a typical 'flag up/flag down' system. I think that would help weed out the hater/troll posts, while giving newbies a bit of an indication of what the general population thinks of the information posted.

I've received a smattering of flags on otherwise respectful posts, simply because someone disagreed with what I wrote. I'd LOVE to be able to see if I had gotten some positive feedback as well. Without the whole picture, I think it just discourages thoughtful posting.

My $0.02
  • PerfectMisfit
    PerfectMisfit Posts: 360 Member
    Post flagged...
  • shireeniebeanie
    shireeniebeanie Posts: 293 Member
    Can't we just have a thumbs up, thumbs down for posts? I think that's what everyone really wants here.
  • Wondertje
    Wondertje Posts: 63 Member
    I mostly just laught about it. As an example, today I got flagged for "abuse" when I told someone who got heavy spinning dizziness everything she lifted her arms over her head to go see a doctor instead of asking us for advice on how to lift. But I really don't let it bother me, I know I meant nothing but good and I assume who ever flagged me is either sensitive or having a bad day.

To be honest, it doesn't matter if people are adults. I've never seen such immature behaviour as you see on completely unmoderated forums with adults.
  • michellemybelll
    michellemybelll Posts: 2,228 Member
    capture the flag!
  • Shalaurise
    Shalaurise Posts: 707 Member
    1. If you haven't seen that many threads getting closed previously, you were clearly not having enough fun on the forums. All the REALLY good ones disappear.
    2. I don't remember there ever being a thread that questioned the moderation of the forums that has survived, so this thread being deleted is just par for the course.
  • MsHarryWinston
    MsHarryWinston Posts: 1,027 Member
    In for anarchy!!