A good elliptical?

Options
I want to buy an elliptical for my home. I don't have a ton of space or money, so I can't get a gym-quality one. I also don't need anything super fancy...just functional.

Does anyone have an elliptical that has proved to be durable? (include link)

Replies

• poke987
    poke987 Posts: 348 Member
    Options
    also wondering. hope someone has advice
  • sunnys501
    sunnys501 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I purchased the Schwinn 431 Elliptical Trainer in 2010. Still works great. (My personal preference is to use a Stationary bike, so the Elliptical has not got that much usage.)
  • amcook4
    amcook4 Posts: 561 Member
    edited December 2014
    Options
    Don't but new, a lot of used ellipticals come up for sale on craigslist, that will be the best place to get the most bang for your buck. There are a lot of ellipticals sitting around in people's basements and garages that have hardly bee used. Just do a google search of the model for reviews before you hand cash over to anyone.

Edit to add. I live in a moderately sized city, I just did a quick craigslist search for ellipticals here, 7 have been posted for sale today, price ranging from $65 to $750. go back a few days and there are literally dozens to choose from, and many look like decent deals.
  • poke987
    poke987 Posts: 348 Member
    Options
    I use a commercial grade one at the gym. I've looked on Craigslist... Based on the pictures, they seem different. Any experience with using both? If I already like the larger style one, with front "fly wheels" Think I'll be dissapointed with a "home use" type unit?