Does anyone use Quadralean?

Options
Hey all! I am not new to myfitnesspal really - have been tracking macros for a while now and I am looking for something (a supplement) that I can use to increase my energy a little bit (I've been a little tired even thought I have been eating within my macros which have historically been satiating for me) and it wouldnt hurt if it increased my fat burning potential. I found a product called Quadralean - has anyone ever heard of or tried it?

Any feedback is helpful. I'm not using this in the place of a healthy diet or working out. I am doing 3 days of strength training and 3 days of cardio per week and my macros are set to reflect that.

Replies

• kclay1021
    kclay1021 Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    I don't like to give my macros out here - was just looking to see if someone had tried this before. This is an alternative to products with caffeine as it has no stimulants which should ideally be a better idea for me since I do drink a cup of coffee each day and really dont want to add additional caffeine into my daily.
  • AllOutof_Bubblegum
    AllOutof_Bubblegum Posts: 3,646 Member
    Options
    kclay1021 wrote: »
    I don't like to give my macros out here - was just looking to see if someone had tried this before. This is an alternative to products with caffeine as it has no stimulants which should ideally be a better idea for me since I do drink a cup of coffee each day and really dont want to add additional caffeine into my daily.

Ummm. They're not your bank account and home address... If you are embarrassed to share them, (on a fitness site no less) we're probably just going to assume you're doing something really stupid, like 5/80/15.

• kclay1021
    Options
    LOL I'm not - its just that I had my macros set by a trainer that knows my lifestyle, knows exactly the workouts that I'm doing, the amount of cardio, the amount of activity in my day to day life and I believe in them. I think they are pretty generous and I actually started working with him and I was weighing close to 160 pounds and now I'm in my 140s so I hate to post them here and have me second guessing. I also hate to have them here and have someone else use them and not get the same results. Thats why I don't post them here! Sorry if that rubs people the wrong way but my macros arent for everyone else. :-)
  • kclay1021
    Options
    Its pretty close to my goals on here and I think everyone can probably see my diary? Not sure - I'm pretty new to the site.
  • corinic91
    corinic91 Posts: 148 Member
    Options

Ummm. They're not your bank account and home address... If you are embarrassed to share them, (on a fitness site no less) we're probably just going to assume you're doing something really stupid, like 5/80/15.

...Should I not be doing that? Whoops.

As for the supplement, I've never heard of it. Have you tried just taking a multivitamin every day? I've definitely noticed that I'm not as tired throughout the day.
  • tibby531
    tibby531 Posts: 717 Member
    Options
    OP, your diary is not open to the public.
  • skullshank
    skullshank Posts: 4,323 Member
    Options
    cant be worse than mine, OP.

i shoot for 100% fat.

i eat a LOT of butter.
  • Fit_Fox88
    Fit_Fox88 Posts: 410 Member
    Options
    This product has a generous amount of garcinia cambogia and raspberry ketones in it... I think I'd stay away. Probably won't do much, if anything, of what it's advertised to do.

If it's stimulant free then this product probably isn't going to make a difference in your fatigue level. Perhaps a multivitamin will help.
  • kclay1021
    Options
    Fit_Fox88 wrote: »
    This product has a generous amount of garcinia cambogia and raspberry ketones in it... I think I'd stay away. Probably won't do much, if anything, of what it's advertised to do.

If it's stimulant free then this product probably isn't going to make a difference in your fatigue level. Perhaps a multivitamin will help.

Thanks for the insight - I do take a multivitamin - I take a product that is called OptiWomen
  • kclay1021
    Options
    corinic91 wrote: »

...Should I not be doing that? Whoops.

As for the supplement, I've never heard of it. Have you tried just taking a multivitamin every day? I've definitely noticed that I'm not as tired throughout the day.

Sorry - should have mentioned I do take a multivitamin called optiwomen optimum nutrition.
  • AllOutof_Bubblegum
    AllOutof_Bubblegum Posts: 3,646 Member
    Options
    LOL I'm not - its just that I had my macros set by a trainer that knows my lifestyle, knows exactly the workouts that I'm doing, the amount of cardio, the amount of activity in my day to day life and I believe in them. I think they are pretty generous and I actually started working with him and I was weighing close to 160 pounds and now I'm in my 140s so I hate to post them here and have me second guessing. I also hate to have them here and have someone else use them and not get the same results. Thats why I don't post them here! Sorry if that rubs people the wrong way but my macros arent for everyone else. :-)

Ah, got it. The way you worded it sounded like you were being secretive or something. Carry on. To answer your question, I've never heard of Quadralean. While prepping, I used Lipo6 Black for energy, but WOAH they were scary strong. If you are sensitive to caffeine (I am not in the slightest) you might try something a little...tamer. Lol.
  • kclay1021
    Options

Ah, got it. The way you worded it sounded like you were being secretive or something. Carry on. To answer your question, I've never heard of Quadralean. While prepping, I used Lipo6 Black for energy, but WOAH they were scary strong. If you are sensitive to caffeine (I am not in the slightest) you might try something a little...tamer. Lol.

Thanks - sorry if it seemed rude how I mentioned it - new to posting on the message boards but certainly not new to working my *kitten* off. I've had a decrease in energy I'm assuming mostly due to the fact that my 24 hours is now much more JAM PACKED than it ever has been. Between holidays coming up, work getting busy and a new project added to my plate, the return of a difficult foster doggy that I am caring for and trying to get to the gym (and making it 100% of the time now - NEVER skipping), I feel like it is expected that I am having a slump in the amount of energy and just want to combat it a little bit!!!

Thanks for your expertise. I feel like a lot of caffeine in these energy supplements gets a lot of bad press.
  • auddii
    auddii Posts: 15,357 Member
    edited December 2014
    Options
    I have a feeling your biggest problem is that you aren't getting enough quality sleep, especially since you say you're especially busy right now. Caffeine can help in the short term, but you really can't replace quality sleep with a long term supplement. Hopefully things calm down for you soon.

ETA: You say you never skip the gym; have you scheduled yourself rest days? You don't want to run yourself ragged by pushing 110% each and every day. Plus rest days are vital for recovery so you can continue to improve in the gym as well.
  • kclay1021
    Options
    auddii wrote: »
    I have a feeling your biggest problem is that you aren't getting enough quality sleep, especially since you say you're especially busy right now. Caffeine can help in the short term, but you really can't replace quality sleep with a long term supplement. Hopefully things calm down for you soon.

For sure - I know I'm not getting a ton of quality sleep. . . my foster dog definitely wakes me up in the middle of the night to go outside too. So the sleep I'm actually getting isn't quality and often times its interrupted. I wouldn't have chosen to foster a dog again (Ive been fostering difficult dogs for at least 6 months now) and had taken the time off to focus on me but the dog that I recently adopted out had to be returned to the group (its always preferable that it goes back to a home it knows) because he bit a little girl! So the fostering commitment is definitely what has tipped the scales. I also LOVE my sleep - like I would absolutely skip other things to get more sleep but at this point I have small minutes here and there and not any time sufficient to get even a little bit more sleep. I can't even cut out gym time, which is probably actually the only thing keeping me sane because I really only go to the gym 3 times a week and that is a 2 minute walk from my apartment so I'm not wasting time there.

Hoping things settle down sooner rather than later but the determining factor is getting the foster dog to a suitable home and that is a little harder now that he has bitten a child!
  • kclay1021
    Options
    auddii wrote: »

ETA: You say you never skip the gym; have you scheduled yourself rest days? You don't want to run yourself ragged by pushing 110% each and every day. Plus rest days are vital for recovery so you can continue to improve in the gym as well.

I only workout 3 days a week - on those days I do both weight training and then I do cardio with a goal of burning 350 calories on cardio