Pregnancy

Options
Hey everyone, so in June I found out I was pregnancy which naturally I stopped dieting. Well I had severe morning sickness and lost 20lbs and I at 25 weeks was back up to my pre-pregnancy weight and now I have gained from my starting weight to now is 3-5lbs. I had glucose done at 28 weeks found out I failed so Monday the 8th I will go for my 3 hour glucose I am 30 weeks now. My question is does myfitpal have a pregnancy mode or anything? I am not trying to diet, I am trying to put on as little weight as possible (approved by doctor) but I mainly want to be able to track my sugar.. Is there a way to do this without it being a diet?

Replies

• TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    Set MFP to maintain or gain?
  • ThePinkPanda
    ThePinkPanda Posts: 208 Member
    edited December 2014
    Options
    I don't think mfp has a pregnancy mode per se... but it sounds like you would just set your goals to maintenance if you don't want to lose or gain, or even to a specific number of calories if your doctor recommended an amount.

you can also customize which nutrients you track (including sugar) by going to settings> diary settings and using the drop downs under nutrients tracked.
  • VeryKatie
    VeryKatie Posts: 5,937 Member
    edited December 2014
    Options
    fflu75a12orm.jpg

I think you can search "Pregnant" in the food database and it will give you entries for 1st, 2nd, 3rd trimester. You add them to food and they become negative calories, detracting from your eaten calories... so you eat that amount extra.

Edit: I just tried and had to search for "trimester".

If it were me, I would just look to see how many I get depending on the trimester, and then do a custom calorie goal so that I didn't have to add the entry every single day.