Best fitness trackers?

Options
I need recommendations for fitness trackers. I would use it mainly to keep myself accountable and motivated. Thanks

Replies

• Bocch
    Bocch Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    The most commom fitness tracker are fitbit and vivofit. I use vivofit with the HRM as I use the HRM for cycling. You can use the HRM on vivofit also when on the treadmill or elliptical. The vivofit tracks calories burned (among other things)for the whole day and there is a screen display that reminds you to walk (every hour). There are other fitness trackers. Probably you need to be the judge because sometimes there is a price tag to consider. If you are a techno geek, I hear that MS is coming out with a fitness tracker that is blue tooth and will also get your e-mail.
  • shadow2soul
    shadow2soul Posts: 7,692 Member
    edited December 2014
    Options
    Bocch wrote: »
    I hear that MS is coming out with a fitness tracker that is blue tooth and will also get your e-mail.
    The Microsoft Band is already out.

You should look around for reviews. There is a bunch out there.

I have a Fitbit and I love it. However, if I was buying today I'd go for the VivoFit. I'm actually debating if I want to replace my Fitbit Flex with the Fitbit Surge when it comes out or a VivoFit. The Surge will have everything that previous models have plus GPS/Bluetooth/HR and will be rated 5ATM (same as VivoFit). My debate is do I want to spend $250+ tax for the Surge or lose a few things (GPS/Bluetooth) to save about $120.

• carriecarrio
    carriecarrio Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the info! I will check those out.
    Anyone have experience with a Samsung one?
  • cyberfalco
    Options
    I just got an early release of the FitBit Surge today. It was some sort of special promotion for those that signed up or something like that. Can't wait to use it. FitBit devices have always been my favorite. I have tried BodyMedia, Nike+band and still go back to my FitBit devices.
  • yarn12
    yarn12 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    i hear we can hook up to fitbit so our friends can see us. is that true? and how would you do this?
  • insanityalltheway
    Options
    I use the Polar FT4 heart rate monitor, its a strap u wear with a watch and they go hand in hand. It monitors heart rate during workouts and tracks calories burned and how long the workouts are and saves it to the memory, I love mine.
  • SameMe_JustLess
    SameMe_JustLess Posts: 245 Member
    edited December 2014
    Options
    I actually like my Jawbone Up24, and I use my Garmin FR220 with HRM strap when I work out. I'm liking the new ones like the FitBit Charge and the Jawbone Up3, but can't really justify a new one at this point.