Dinner options before a big weigh in?

Options
Im currently involved in a month long "diet" (hate that word) bet similar to a Biggest Loser type thing. Weigh in is tomorrow. I dont want to eat too heavy, too salty, too this....too that...before WI tomorrow around 10am.

Suggestions? Im kind of craving oatmeal, but not sure if thats a good option? Any ideas would be appreciated!! Thanks loves!

Replies

• Ninkyou
    Ninkyou Posts: 6,666 Member
    Options
    Eat whatever you want... just fit it into your calorie goal.
  • cblue315
    cblue315 Posts: 3,836 Member
    Options
    Just keep it low sodium. Make sure you drink plenty of water this evening. Yes you will be up to pee during the night but your weigh in will be great!
  • kbbeale
    kbbeale Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    Nothing! But, Im afraid it will sit too heavy on my stomach. Ive done that before and actually been up for the weigh in the next day. I know, long term goal...but, I really need to hit this goal tomorrow and I want to make sure I get a good, filling dinner too.
  • lysa4
    lysa4 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Restrict water? It flushes out the sodium and water retention....?
  • Kalikel
    Kalikel Posts: 9,626 Member
    Options
    Fasting would help with weight, but it isn't good for you. I won't lecture you like you're a teen wrestler trying to make weight, though.

You're a grown-up. It's one day. Do as you please.

But drink your water. (Couldn't help it!)
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    __drmerc__ wrote: »
    cblue315 wrote: »
    Just keep it low sodium. Make sure you drink plenty of water this evening. Yes you will be up to pee during the night but your weigh in will be great!

If you are trying to drop weight you should restrict water not increase it

No
  • GoingSlightlyMad
    GoingSlightlyMad Posts: 190 Member
    edited December 2014
    Options
    If you're afraid of gaining water weight, avoid high sodium or starchy meals (sorry, no oatmeal for today :(), fill your plate with leafy greens and fiber rich vegetables and drink plenty of water to keep things moving along in the morning.
    But for the long term, just eat whatever fits your macros. That's really what counts. Go have that oatmeal!
  • obscuremusicreference
    obscuremusicreference Posts: 1,320 Member
    Options
    Kalikel wrote: »
    Fasting would help with weight, but it isn't good for you. I won't lecture you like you're a teen wrestler trying to make weight, though.

You're a grown-up. It's one day. Do as you please.

But drink your water. (Couldn't help it!)

Side-bets on this poster immediately googling high school wrestling-forums.

I think spitting helps them make weight, or maybe I just took classes with the world's grossest boys.

Good luck!